Random Pilgrim Pair in my barn one morning?

Lucky1

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 28, 2012
Ontario, Canada
A couple of days ago i was walking into my barn and i saw a pair of geese sleeping in a corner of a pen that directly leads outside! I brought my family outside to see them and once we all had a good look we sent the dog to herd them out of our field. They went away for 3 days and came back again, but this time they decided to stay! After i got the dog to chase them away a couple of times and find them in the barn 30 minutes later i gave up and left them alone! I have never seen a goose in my life! Now my parents say that we can keep them in one of our spare pens while we try to find the owners and if we dont find them they said that i could keep them, chickens, ducks, horses cows, dog,cats, now geese! what else is there??Hmm... Might have to find where the goose is laying her eggs and try to hatch one or two! LOL i know, i am obsessed!! XD Just thought i would share this with everyone :)

A couple of days ago i was walking into my barn and i saw a pair of geese sleeping in a corner of a pen that directly leads outside! I brought my family outside to see them and once we all had a good look we sent the dog to herd them out of our field. They went away for 3 days and came back again, but this time they decided to stay! After i got the dog to chase them away a couple of times and find them in the barn 30 minutes later i gave up and left them alone! I have never seen a goose in my life! Now my parents say that we can keep them in one of our spare pens while we try to find the owners and if we dont find them they said that i could keep them, chickens, ducks, horses cows, dog,cats, now geese! what else is there??Hmm... Might have to find where the goose is laying her eggs and try to hatch one or two! LOL i know, i am obsessed!! XD Just thought i would share this with everyone :)
Well you just answered my question I asked in the duck thread..
smile.png

Wow! Lucky1, lucky you!
thumbsup.gif

Day 3 on our homing search and nobody in our area has ever even had geese!!! I hope that somebody didn't just drop them off on our property one day because they didn't want them and then the geese decided they liked it here :/ (not that having the geese is a bad thing, but i am getting the hatching itch every time i wonder where the goose lays her eggs in my field XD

Day 3 on our homing search and nobody in our area has ever even had geese!!! I hope that somebody didn't just drop them off on our property one day because they didn't want them and then the geese decided they liked it here :/ (not that having the geese is a bad thing, but i am getting the hatching itch every time i wonder where the goose lays her eggs in my field XD
I'm thinking dumped since they didn't fly in and noone around you has geese. Congrats on your pair and what a blessing, I'd take them in a minute, plus if you can't keep them you may want to post on here or in the buy sell trade section and see if any BYCers in your area would be interested.

I'm thinking dumped since they didn't fly in and noone around you has geese. Congrats on your pair and what a blessing, I'd take them in a minute, plus if you can't keep them you may want to post on here or in the buy sell trade section and see if any BYCers in your area would be interested.  

I hope that will be able to keep them. I think that are already getting to know me, or should I say know the person who throws them a little bit of grain everyday cuz I feel bad for them :lol: I can already go closer than anybody else in my family to them because I do the chores morning and night and other than my dad my family isn't the animal type, they are the "yum, luckys chickens taste good, we should let her keep some" type of people ;)

Back
Top Bottom