Random Question

chickenjohn6910

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 31, 2014
California
I have two Brahmas one rooster one regular chicken but she's about 4 months and she's growing some green on her, I know it's normal forand what not but I thought it was only normal in roosters?

You might want to post a picture in the Chicken Breeds forum - 'What breed or gender is this?'. Depending upon the breed many hens will develop shiny green/black feathering.

At first when I read she had green on her, I thought you meant some kind of mold.. I was picturing a white brahma but, if she is a dark bird she could have a green or bluish cast to her feathers.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Yes, some chickens have a green sheen to their feathers. Definitely post a pic in our What Breed and Gender section for help with the ID...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Enjoy your flock and welcome to ours!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Definitely post a pic on our What Breed or Gender is This? section. If you would like to post a pic here, we can take a look at it as well. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Even hens can get a greenish sheen to some feathers. However, there is the possibility that you "hen" is actually a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom