Random Rantings.

Pics
It never ceases to amaze me how many neighborhood types will complain about bird noises, but seem to have no problem with dang blasted mowers going every day of the week! Why on earth are they even bothering with their lawns? Just sterile, nutritionless varieties of grass that do nothing but sit there waiting to die the instant someone forgets one day of watering, or forgets to dump 20 lbs of poisons on it so the frail, defenseless, useless lawn grass doesn't have to share its space with, gasp!, a dandelion weed. Oh, the horror of something useful and nutritious sharing space with a lawn that couldn't even support an insect. Not that insects could move in, anyway - oh no, they've got poisons for that, too, because God forbid actual nature exist!

But I haven't even gotten to the good part! Oh no. I'm fine with folks living their sterile lives on their sterile lawns - just try not to urban sprawl your way on over in my direction. No, what gets me, what really irks me to the point that I feel an irrational desire to rant like a loon online, is that you, in your sterile world with your two trees manicured to perfection so that there's not a nesting spot in sight for any songbirds unfortunate enough to live in such an area, then get on the phone with me, and listen to me recount my day and how many pine trees I have to go in and chop down so as not to be engulfed in them because they grow like weeds on steroids . . . you hear me say this, and you then say, "Well, I hope you're planting another tree for every tree you cut down. It's important to keep balance in the environment."

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

It never ceases to amaze me how many neighborhood types will complain about bird noises, but seem to have no problem with dang blasted mowers going every day of the week! Why on earth are they even bothering with their lawns? Just sterile, nutritionless varieties of grass that do nothing but sit there waiting to die the instant someone forgets one day of watering, or forgets to dump 20 lbs of poisons on it so the frail, defenseless, useless lawn grass doesn't have to share its space with, gasp!, a dandelion weed. Oh, the horror of something useful and nutritious sharing space with a lawn that couldn't even support an insect. Not that insects could move in, anyway - oh no, they've got poisons for that, too, because God forbid actual nature exist!

But I haven't even gotten to the good part! Oh no. I'm fine with folks living their sterile lives on their sterile lawns - just try not to urban sprawl your way on over in my direction. No, what gets me, what really irks me to the point that I feel an irrational desire to rant like a loon online, is that you, in your sterile world with your two trees manicured to perfection so that there's not a nesting spot in sight for any songbirds unfortunate enough to live in such an area, then get on the phone with me, and listen to me recount my day and how many pine trees I have to go in and chop down so as not to be engulfed in them because they grow like weeds on steroids . . . you hear me say this, and you then say, "Well, I hope you're planting another tree for every tree you cut down. It's important to keep balance in the environment."

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!
REALLY!!!!

REALLY!!!!
Ah, I'm regretting posting this now, but it was super cathartic! I really don't have anything against folks and whatever they decide to do with their lawns (though the constant sounds of mowers is another issue entirely), but having a friend get so offended that I cut down some scraggly pines on forested land . . . it was weird, and it brought out the loony rantiness in me. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom