Random white eggs

You mentioned canada geese - can they fly into the run from the top, and get into the coop through the pop-hole, or whatever the entrance to the coop is? Do you leave the coop open at night? I have witnessed large geese squeeze through 8" by 12" holes/openings.
Do you have any other birds besides the 4 Isa browns in your flock or near by?

Last edited:
@mamalu , I’ve just read through this whole thread, and am so curious to learn what the answer is to this mystery! Did you find double yolks in these? Or did you make some other determination?
It remains a mystery! No more large white eggs and I haven't cracked them open yet. No other birds could access the coop, and no pranksters either.

You mentioned canada geese - can they fly into the run from the top, and get into the coop through the pop-hole, or whatever the entrance to the coop is? Do you leave the coop open at night? I have witnessed large geese squeeze through 8" by 12" holes/openings.
Do you have any other birds besides the 4 Isa browns in your flock or near by?
Coop and run are totally contained and no other birds nearby.

I haven't cracked them open yet.
When you do, please let us know what you find!

If they have double yolks (or even more than that), or a complete egg inside another egg, that would be an explanation of why they could be so big and still come from your current chickens.

It remains a mystery! No more large white eggs and I haven't cracked them open yet. No other birds could access the coop, and no pranksters either.
I hope you will crack one open soon, I can hardly stand the suspense! It also occurs to me that if there is something potentially unhealthy going on with one of your birds to cause this, that the sooner you inspect the egg, the sooner you can determine the root cause.

I also have ISA Browns. In October of last year, I acquired a white bird which, at the time, I didn't know was a rooster. Maybe a month later, I got what looked like a white egg and thought it was from the new white chicken. Once I realized that white bird was a rooster, I realized the white egg was a very pale brown egg. I guess it just happens occasionally. I've only had that one.

Back
Top Bottom