Rant... a local schoolteacher...

It all sounds very odd. Yet, it just might cause less trouble to have a story floating around about a female coworker stopping by a friend's house to look for something on lunch break, than to explain why someone's husband, that was supposed to be out of town, is somehow home & not clothed with a female other than his wife in his house....I'm surprised a twist like that has somehow escaped the gossips.

Gossip is vicious.

Well Lord have mercy! Hearsay, you say? Well then it must be true. I'm a member of a large church and I know more than my fair share of this "hearsay" thing. These days I'd be careful if I was you. Go ahead and confront the teacher over what may or may not have happened and you could get your butt sued off. Harsh? You betcha, but this is the real world. Not some hollywood movie.

There's a reason the bible says "in the mouth of two or three WITNESSES".

Back in '70 where I went to school , it was. The art teacher was fooling around with one of the students. Then I heard that a teacher fathered a child with one of the students. Funny he went on to become mayor for more than one term and no one said a thing.

Seems to me if a parent has concerns then a one on one with the teacher is in order. If a parent can't do that then they can't be to concerned. IMO

Sorry but that's how I see it,

Rancher

Quote:
If there is validity to the story, any smart principal is going to keep their mouth shut to avoid a lawsuit. You can't discuss issues involving school personnel with parents other than saying that the matter is being looked into. Sure, being open is great, but a principal being open about issues with their staff is going to lose their job and be at risk of slander.

Quote:
See, that's why my husband says I could not ever get away with a crime... I just don't think like a crook! LOL That theory never crossed my mind...

Everyone's making good points, giving me lots to think about.

Quote:
If there is validity to the story, any smart principal is going to keep their mouth shut to avoid a lawsuit. You can't discuss issues involving school personnel with parents other than saying that the matter is being looked into. Sure, being open is great, but a principal being open about issues with their staff is going to lose their job and be at risk of slander.

You are correct that they cannot discuss specific personnel issues. Note that I did say to not mention the teacher's name. If it is pure fiction, then the principal can say it is hogwash. If there is anything to it, even a bit, they can say it is being looked into, and if it is the first the principal has heard anything about it, he can state that.

Back
Top Bottom