Rant... a local schoolteacher...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 4Hchickenproject, Jul 4, 2011.

1. 4Hchickenproject

4Hchickenproject Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    While school was still in session, a middle school teacher was caught stealing/attempting to steal drugs... apparently she was leaving school during the day and going INTO the homes of fellow teachers who she knew, obviously, would not be home, and going thru stuff looking for drugs. She selected teachers she knew had medical issues and so might have what she was looking for. Apparently two (perhaps more) teachers caught her in the act! But no charges have been filed, no one has done anything, and so far, best I can tell, she'll still be teaching in the fall, when MY TWO OLDEST BOYS will be in that school! I can't personally do anything legal, because all the info I have is hearsay and gossip.

I've always defended our local school system and supported public schools - as well as the choice to homeschool! - but if something isn't done before school starts I may be throwing a BIG FAT FIT at a school board meeting! And may even embarrass that teacher if I encounter her personally. I mean, if she's got that bad of a problem, then she's probably stoned while at school. With my kids!

GGGRRRRR!!!! What to do?

Okay, in reality, I don't know what advice anyone can give... I just needed to rant! Haven't yet decided to pass along this information to anyone locally (although it's being passed along to me by several friends). Trying to avoid being the gossip myself. Until I KNOW, in other words, hear it from a teacher whose home was broken into, or read it in the paper, or hear it from someone that charges have been filed or it has officially been addressed at school, I probably won't say anything.... [​IMG]

but WHEN I DO... [​IMG]

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I sure as heck would be making a stink!!!!!

call the principal and see where you get.. dont forget the chain of command.. when you by step someone their panites get in a twist... if you have to call the media... and you have to be willing to reveal your source... if not its all bunk... and a waste of time

3. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    My grandfather (GOD rest his wise sole) used to tell me "believe half of what you read, hear and see and you'll be closer to the truth."

By the time the rumour mill has reached you the grapes have become watermelons.

4. Tylt33

Tylt33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Chico, California
    If two people have caught her breaking into their houses and haven't called the police, something is wrong here. The school district will not be able to take action unless there are charges filed. I work in administration in a school district for reference.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The problem I have with this hearsay, is that she got caught. Now, if the teachers are supposed to be at school, how did she get caught? Also, how did she manage to leave her classroom without anyone noticing. It takes more than a few minutes to get to someones house, break in, and get back.

It sounds fishy to me.

6. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Quote:I agree...

7. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Sounds like the good old boy you scratch my back I scratch yours mentality. If this is real.

8. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    By your own admission, all you have is hearsay and gossip. I would be VERY careful about going any further with nothing but hearsay and gossip. Last school year a rumor circulated about a teacher at one of my kids' schools, that he had had some kind of freak out, hit a student, and been fired. It turned out there was no truth to the rumors but it sure did a lot of damage to his reputation.

9. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    If it is even remotely true... that person will not come within 100 feet of my kid... i still say its worth investigating...

10. 4Hchickenproject

4Hchickenproject Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Hadn't thought about how someone caught her if that someone was supposed to be in school... definitely reaffirms my stance to wait and see... as for the 2nd person who supposedly caught her, it was the husband, who wasn't supposed to be home either (on a trip or something) but came home early... apparently, he stepped out of the shower and she was in the house. I DO NOT know why, if it is true, someone doesn't report it, except, they are co-workers and hoping she can get help. If I stepped out of the shower and she was in my house, she may be deceased [​IMG]

Without doubt, all I have is gossip, which is why I'm posting a rant on here. I'm not opening my mouth to anyone locally, not yet, not until I KNOW it's true. Just sort of voicing my concerns "out loud" so I can think it through rationally. I know first-hand how grapes can turn into watermelons with each passing tale.

Hopefully this isn't true. Maybe, in my mind, I'm just worrying over things that might be, that could be, as my kids are growing. I'm sooooooo not ready for them to encounter these more mature issues!! The oldest two are 11 and 10, so I need to get ready. Of course, we've always talked about drugs and such but still... as of yet nothing has been personal or too close to home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by