Rant about feedstore employees!

Up-the-Creek

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
West Virginia
I wake up this morning, first thing i do is go check on my chickens as usual. I notice one of my girls are bleeding on her back . You can see from my recent posts I have had problems with rooster treading
somad.gif
. Anyway, I dont have nothing to put on it, so I decide well DH is out, I'll call the feedstore and see if they have any blu-koat or hot pick and have him pick it up. So I call,...I get laughed at
rant.gif
somad.gif
! He said if your chickens are doing that you need to cut their beaks off!? WHAT?!
barnie.gif
@#!##@#!!!!! I didnt ask for his opinion first of all,..second of all,..what planet is he from??? I know some people would do this, I do not agree with it. I feel like I am stuck in the stone age with people around here
he.gif
! I said that was okay that as usual when I needed something for my chickens I will buy online. Then they complain because people don't buy local?? So thankfully, I just out of curiousity the other night , made a chicken saddle,..so i grabbed it and my trusty Neosporin and fixed her up. All is well now, but my disbelief in people.

I've heard and experienced both good & bad with feed store employees. Just because someone works in a retail store does not mean that they're knowledgeable about best practices for back yard flocks.

Glad you have the sense to do what you believe is best for your flock.

The guy at my "local" feedstore keeps telling me chickens don't need grit, even after I tell him mine don't freerange much. So, I drive farther and buy elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom