Rant about Flakey Folks... a bit miffed

wbruder17

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Portland, OR
I posted a trio of chicks to rehome on Craigslist. I got several responses, but went with a lady who had a "lonely" Mille Fleur D'Uuccle hen. My chicks are D'Uccle/ Silkie crosses. We emailed back and forth 20 times for 3 weeks, making sure about her setup, confirming that she definitely wanted the birds, figured out a time to make the transaction. I heard back from her YESTERDAY, Confirming a pickup for TODAY, and about 2 hours ago she says, sorry, she's not going to take them.

No explanation. Nothing. This is SO RUDE, as I have turned others away and held the birds for her. I'm sure I will find another home for them, but really? How inconsiderate it this? I KNOW its Craigslist and folks are TOTALLY FLAKY, but that's why I spent so much time confirming that she wanted them.

I sent her a return email saying how messed up I thought she was for this behavior.

Last edited:

Mum

Songster
8 Years
Dec 23, 2011
UK
Sounds to me like she was very keen.
The fact she gave a curt response with no explanation suggests that something happened she wasn't expecting and didn't want to explain. Illness in family? Domestic? Who knows?

Yes, it was rude and a curt response, but we can't know what happened which caused her sudden turnaround.

BigDaddy'sGurl

Songster
9 Years
Jul 14, 2010
Wilkesboro NC
I've had similar things happen a lot too.

Had a person I knew text ME wanting to sell me 2 birds and when I offered a slightly lower price than they wanted, they weren't interested. Then they texted ME again later offering the birds at my price. I got all ready for them, was on my way to get them, I TEXTED THEM on the way to say I was on my way and this was the basic response I got: "Oh, well, I really think they are worth the higher price. Don't think I can sell them for what you offered."

Hello??? YOU texted ME to offer them at the lower price! I told them nevermind.

Then as if that weren't enough for me, they texted me again wanting to buy two of my birds. I offered them a GREAT price, and arranged a pickup time. They agreed to it all, seemed very pleased and then never showed or texted that day, after I sat home waiting. Then had the gall to text me about a month later with "got any birds for sale"? My response was a firm "No." although I did have birds for sale and still do have the two I was going to sell them. I will keep them now: have too much time and money invested and I wouldn't sell them to that person if I had to now.

aoxa

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Shediac Cape NB, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
At least she let you know

But I agree, that is rude. This is why I will continue to advertise they are for sale until I have a deposit in my hand, or full payment.

wbruder17

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Portland, OR

vickie2133

Songster
10 Years
Jan 30, 2009
Corbin
I thik it was very rude. I had some neighbors that mentioned they were wanting a colorful basket of eggs for their kids to gather and were going to order hatery birds. Then they preceded to ask me what I was charging for my Easter Egger chicks, so I gave them a better price for the chicks than ordering from a hatchery, and we agreed on how many to hatch. I then hatched the chicks and after 25 days of us agreeing , they changed their mind. I ended up rehoming some of them, but I had to turn them by hand at the time, so alot of time was involvedI would not do some one like that.

violetsky

Songster
8 Years
Feb 14, 2011
Huntsville, Alabama
Inconsiderate people tend to put us on the defensive, I just figure its part of dealing with the public and
try to be considerate of everyone knowing I'm going to get stung every now and then.

Top Bottom