Rant-- Accountability -- edited for meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
Ok, so this is an ongoing theme/rant. I get really annoyed with folks who insist the only good guns are the unloaded ones that are locked up behind a safe with trigger locks and takes you 10 minutes of fumbling to get to them.

Doesn't that make the whole point of having one pointless? I can understand if you are an occasional or seasonal hunter, but there are some of us out here in the big wide world who have guns on us almost 24/7/365. Guns are somewhat a way of life depending on where you live, your profession/occupation or issues.

For me? I live out in the sticks. I have 1 neighbor and can see 2 other houses at the other end of the road. To the north of my back door is close to a mile of soybean, corn and forest. It repeats for almost a mile to the east of me. Often when I'm out and about I'll have my trusty .22 with me. In Michigan it is LEGAL to hunt small game without permit/license on private property.. and some game is 365.

Now folks who think that guns kill people... I say fooey. Guns don't kill people, they are tools. People kill people. People make poor choices with their lives. Blaming a tool for human death and suffering is foolish. Kids should not have a fascination with guns. If you are doing your job properly as a parent and human being, a gun will be introduced and taught it's uses much the same way parents teach their kids on how to drive a car. Cars kill more folks than guns... heart attacks... But kids don't have access to them 24/7/365.. its a rite of passage to being an adult, and even some adults aren't allowed by law to have them so...............

barnie.gif

Save me from foolish people please
smile.png

Last edited:
You do know that someone is gonna come along and ruin this right??

My neighbor has a sign on his front gate that says "Protected by the Second Amendment". If someone goes through that gate uninvtied, I say they are asking for buckshot in the butt!!!!

Amen.

Actually, I have two shotguns that are currently unloaded and in the closet. BUT only because I haven't created a place to store them that is out of range of the preschool age nieces. I totally understand your point though. Should I need the gun I will need it loaded that instant, not 10 minutes later after I find the shells, load it, etc.

ok in all fairness though, there is no possibility for any toddler to get ahold of anything... I should have had that in the first post.

Boyd.

You are preaching to the choir with me.

Amen to every word you said... and if I didn't have little neighbor kids here all of the time, my guns would be loaded and ready to go in a snap.

Quote:
to quote a fictional character.. Your rights end at the front gate of someone else's property. If the gate is shut, you don't go in. If the gate is locked, they do not want company. If you ignore this subtle warning and try to harm the folks inside of their own property, they have the right to defend themselves or their property.

It's not just the guns.. it's the idea. The cold piece of machined metal and wood is not evil. It cannot load aim or fire itself unless there is a human behind it. I guess it irks me that folks are making excuses about accountability. Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh little johnny could find daddy's loaded pistol and kill himself. Very sad, very true. He could also find his parents car keys and put the car in gear and go joyriding when he can't see over the dashboard. I'm sorry but the accountability issue is what irks me so maybe I should edit this?....

I have guns, a lot of guns. You are right people kill people. Ban guns then ban knives then baseball bats ect. I always say if they want to ban guns fine BUT start with the presidents guards then the military then cops and last the people. I have to much to say on this topic, better stop now hehhe

I'm on your side Boyd , and I know someone is going to come on here "talking big" and ruin this thread - but until then lets enjoy our shared views folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom