**RANT**!!! found another chicken, DEAD!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by User66184, Aug 24, 2010.

1. User66184

User66184 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    Grrr! This Is Getting Terrible! GRRRRR!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] !! One Of Our RIR Are Dead! She Was Me Fav RIR [​IMG]

2. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    Do you know what is happening? That sucks, I only have 1 RIR I would be so sad if something happened to her.

3. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

You might want to make sure there isn't some kind of disease spreading through your flock! There could be some kind of pest bothering them too! Check them all out!

4. User66184

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    no its No Disease, its Some Cat, Fox Coon, or Possum, we see cats all the time here wait till i see the next one, its DEAD MEAT! [​IMG]

5. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    How frustrating!! I am so sorry for your losses [​IMG] How is the predator getting them (Free ranging, in the coops, etc), or do you not know? I would start by double checking that the coop and run are both secure (i.e. no holes, etc), then start trapping. After you catch them, it is your choice as to what you do with them (Please note that relocation is illegal in most states). Good luck!

6. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Is it coming in the day or night?

7. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Sorry for your loss. It never fails, you could have a thousand birds and if something gets into the pen, it will take your one favorite. I hope you catch what ever it was.

8. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Sounds like time for a live trap. Have you tried that yet? We thought we had ONE raccoon in July, turned out to be FIVE HHUUGGEE ones (plus two opossums and a skunk incidentally). Who knew they were all out there looking to get into our KofC franchise after closing time?

9. User66184

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    Quote:Nights, Like 11-12PM,

We Also Shot A Cat 2 Days Ago, Havent Had Problems Senice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by