Rant-movie volume

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by desertgirl, Dec 27, 2009.

1. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Why do movies do this? I understand some parts should be louder for effect, but do they have to blast me off my couch one minute then whisper and mumble the next??!!!Ugh!!!

(In my day, movies didn't do this type of thing....[​IMG])

2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:Maybe the batteries in your hearing aids need changing? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    I can always count on you to put things in perspective.[​IMG]

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Anytime.....lol [​IMG]

5. boston3381

boston3381 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2009
    if you have a newer tv there is a auto volume setting in the sound menu ..turn that on.. that might help.

i hate when u watch a movie and a commercial comes on and its ten times louder then the movie!![​IMG]

6. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    This drives me crazy as well.. I mean if its a good horror movie and it blasts the volume at a pop out thats cool, but willy wonka and the chocolate factory even does this..

7. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Thats why I cant go to the theater. Its too darned loud in some places. At least at home I have a remote...lol

8. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I have this same issue with the movie theater ... its wayyyyyy to loud... I have sensitive ears... dh says i can hear a flea fart.... i go to the mid days movies with the seniors... they turn the volume down a bit for them

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I cant hear good an my grandmother(82) has bat ears. If I can hear the quiet parts then the loud stuff is driveing her crazy. An heaven help me if someone says a foul word.

10. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Quote:You not the only one. A couple state reps also don't like it and are passing the Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act (CALM) to combat this. They say the FCC needs to stop this nonsense by instituting fines for offenders. I agree. I have a tendency to fall asleep on the couch watching TV when my husband is out of town. I can't tell you how many times I've leaped off the couch at 3 am scared half to death when a commercial comes on 10x louder than the show I was watching.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by