**Rant** TSC and the NAIS!!!!!!!!

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
Ok, so here's the quick story short............

I went to TSC this morning to get some layer for my chickens and gamebird for my quailies. As usual they ask for my phone number. Of course I gave them this one 810-555-1212 thats information for our local area. The lady puts it all in, then looks at me and says "thats not your phone number" i told her of course not, its for information. She asked me for my number again. ok 810-234-1212 she puts it all in, then looks at me and says wait, thats Time, that isn't your number either."

Her words weren't snotty, but her facial expression and tone certainly was. I explained to her I don't have a land line, just a cell, and since they voluntarily pass this info on to the NAIS I only pay cash there and I NEVER give out my phone number (read old posts, this has happened to me and others before)...

She got snotty this time and told me that I should have just told her I didn't want to give it up, instead of making her go through all that. I said ok. Paid for my purchases (with cash) and as I'm walking out she said wait....

"Why did you give me the number for information anyways?"

I says

"Because someday ya'll call them so ya'll get a clue." I was laughing as I walked out and so was the little old lady right next to me.

Needless to say I thought about complaining about her attitude but the chuckle I got on her behalf was enough I think. And it'll be one less cashier that will bug me when I have to go in there.

clap.gif
Good for you!

We had an argument with a TSC employee who was erroneously telling us and everyone else that the STATE required them to take personal information for someone who buys chicks. I told her that was absolutely not true, that it was TSC doing it, not the state. I will never buy anything at TSC as long as they lie to their customers like they have been doing all year long.

TSC overprices everything as it is. Although I will "shop" there, I will never buy there as long as I can avoid it.

TSC charges about $14 for chick starter, I found a local feed store (45 minutes away) that charges only $10!! Everything at TSC is overpriced which is silly because being a chain store, you think they would be able to stomp out local competition with the prices, since they buy their stuff in huge bulk. I really don't care for TSC myself.

Sometimes I have no choice but to go to TSC- I just tell them we don't have a phone and they all know better than to even ask me now.

i just make up the number, or give them my work number (which is a feed store, lol) but what are you guys talking about? the nais thing?

Quote:
the one thing they are cheaper on round here is bull gates and such. they can buy those in bigger quanties than the feed stores and therefore can get discounts and pass that on to customers. that is about the one thing i always buy there is fencing. otherwise i goto the local feed store. buy local and all that.... unless its sunday.

My TSC dosen't ask me for my number. I always ask why do you want my number when someone does ask, lots of places do??? Then I say, no thanks I don't give my number out.

Except the auto parts store where it is for warrenty info.

Quote:
the one thing they are cheaper on round here is bull gates and such. they can buy those in bigger quanties than the feed stores and therefore can get discounts and pass that on to customers. that is about the one thing i always buy there is fencing. otherwise i goto the local feed store. buy local and all that.... unless its sunday.

Gotcha. Never shopped for the corral paneling myself, I did shop for wire fencing and found Lowes cheaper than TSC. Lowes even had the same exact Gate Opener for almost $100 cheaper. I was even at a Lowes in a more rural area and they actually had a book of livestock supply/corral paneling equipment. Didn't price it, but it was interesting.

Back
Top Bottom