Ranting, blowing off steam about usps

eggcited2

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Illinois
I HATE - I HATE - I HATE the usps (postal service)!!!!! I am already dealing with something freaky that went on with my heart last night and it is still messing with me today (heart). Now to have to added stress of the dumb idiots (usps) once again misplacing a delivery of a live chicken to me! I am beyond upset!

I have been reading almost the same thing happening to a lot of people who are on the forum. They are all having unheard of problems with how many boxes of live chicks, and/or chickens the post office is losing.

How in the world do you lose a box of live animals???!!!!! They make sound people!!! The chicks almost constantly peep. And the more adult birds cackle and the roosters even crow. How do you "misplace" a box that has those kinds of sounds coming from it?! And the boxes all are covered with "live birds" on every side of the box; all four side, the top and also the bottom. In very large red letters.

This is so totally inexcusable of the post office (usps) to be doing this. And when you call them, they do not care at all. They are completely cold and nasty when they talk to you. If they are going to be this way and continue to not take care of the animals trusted to them, they should stop offering the service of shipping and/or delivery of live animals!!!!!!

somad.gif
somad.gif

Wonder why people dont sue them? I bet they'd not lose and SMASH so many boxes if people started to sue them.

Quote:
I think they are protected under some sort of law, so people can not sue them.

And that is the problem. They are a protected private business that has had special privileges all along. The industry has not been allowed to self adjust. Imagine if you could use UPS or FedEx. Bet the USPS would step up then. Improve or fail. Instead the gov't has kept them going despite consistent price increases and less service. Grrrr!

The post office is not truly private.

Most postal workers are dedicated people who work hard to satisfy their customers. A lot of times the way we interact with people can determine how helpful they WANT to be.

My local P.O. does pretty well and I have few complaints but I sometimes go to the next town over a mail stuff and it always seems to take longer from that area to the same destination. I think all the inferior employees get transferred to like minded offices.

Because of the post office, I got to experience a chick holocaust in a box a few weeks ago. They spent four days in the mail. Of course they were nearly all dead, with a few who died during the ten minute drive home. They came from a hatchery that was in an adjacent state. Not far at all! Completely inexcusable. The same thing happened again with the second shipment. Somehow, most arrived alive, but then died due to stress because they sat in a dog gamn box for four days.

I just checked track and confirm with a package of hatching eggs. They are coming from Illinois. Guess what I saw when I checked it? That is was accepted in IL, but the next thing said it PASSED THROUGH A SORTING FACILITY IN MONTANA. Yea, how the frack did they get all the way into Montana when they are coming to Michigan? Seriously screwed up. I hate the USPS. I hate having to deal with the USPS. I hate having to rely on the USPS. I wish another competitor had letter service so I didn't have to support the USPS to send letters through the mail that get LOST for months*. I already use UPS and Fedex as much as I can.

*I bought a simple bracelet on eBay. Thing beaded one that fit in a standard first class envelope, so that is how the seller sent it. A month later, and it didn't show. Since it was so inexpensive, I wasn't going to leave a negative, I just let them know. She offered to make a new one, but declined. Another month later, and I get a really battered envelope in the mail. It was covered so thickly with different postal stamp marks from so many different places. This freaking letter had left the COUNTRY and bounced around Europe before finding its way back into the United States. what? I let the seller know its incredible journey. I wish I'd taken a picture of the envelope. My address was very legible and correct, so it isn't like a mistake was made in that regard.

Remember Greyhound Bus Service? You could hand deliver a package and have it delivered to another station in the time it took to drive there.
Quote:

I have ordered chicks previously and they arrived in 1 to 2 days. Last week I innocently ordered 40 Cornish X chicks in Iowa, I'm in Arkansas. I called my local post office starting on Thursday morning, no chicks. Friday morning, no chicks, Saturday morning, now I am getting sick to my stomach, no chicks. By now I know it's hopeless, as the weather has been 90 degrees all week. All I could imagine was the chicks slowing suffocating in the box somewhere in a truck. The P.O. Clerk treated it just like any other letter, all she said was, "we dont guarantee priority mail, so we will not refund your postage." On Monday morning I went to the P.O. office at 8 am and by some miracle hoped that maybe someone had taken care of them. The clerks response, "your package is here, it's out on the shipping dock, theyre all dead, the box is covered in flies." No, "I'm sorry, NOTHING!! One bad clerk really makes you wish they didn't have a monopoly on the shipping industry. She actually told me that she needed me to tell her I was refusing the package so she could write "refused" on it and send it BacK!!! Unbelieveable actually. All I could picture was some poor package handler having to handle a package of rotting animals. Of course, I called and filed a formal complaint and was assured that the package would not be sent back. The hatchery had this happen with 3 other orders this week, all making a connection out of Nashville, TN. The problem is with the trucks transferring the packages from Nashville to the USPS distribution centers. The hatchery has bent over backwards trying to help me, but there's nothing they can do. I ordered more chicks out of Texas and hope they can make it to me next week.

Back
Top Bottom