Rare chicken-guinea fowl hybrid has FOUR wings

Wow.

First, I don't see four wings. I see an under-developed chick that has yet to grow all its feathers
roll.png
Second, if that hen is a Cornish, that's the worst looking Cornish I've ever seen. It looks like a hatchery Wyandotte to me.

Just have to say.

I would like to see a photo of the 4 wings too.. Now, isn't there an old story about Colonel Sanders tinkering with genetics and He came up with a 4 legged chicken. (because everyone likes drumsticks) when asked by the media, "How do they taste compared to a normal 2 legged chicken?" The Colonel replied " We have no idea, We have yet to catch one"
lau.gif

They said in the article the parent was a barnvelder. Unless there are absolutely no other roosters in her flock, then I am fairly certain that bird is NOT a hybrid. It doesn't have any guinea traits at all and most guinea hybrids, in my experience, have at least one (although sometimes small) guinea type trait. That bird there just looks like a juvenile barnvelder that hasn't grown in all it's feathers yet.

There is a lot in the article that is incorrect. Mutations don't occur from hybrid crossing.

In an effort to ease everyones dissapointment of not seeing four wings (I don't see them either) I will post a pic of my four legged chick "Quad". May he rest in peace. Actually I think he's still in the freezer somwhere.

24884_0fourleggedchick3.jpg

Quote:
That's what I see. Looks like full chicken still growing it's feathers in.
That guinea x naked neck on feathersite is scary looking. When I seen it I thought "It's a mythical phoenix!"

I have a half guinea half black copper maran. Didnt know this was rare??... I picked it up from a breeder down the road from me for $2. What can i expect? The father was the maran. Mom was the guinea.

Back
Top Bottom