Rare Orpingtons?

The Egg-Master N1

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2019
Central Texas
Is there a breeder of the more rare strain of Orpingtons here in the states? I mean like the Red Partridge, Gold Laced, Silver Laced, Creole, Blue Partridge, Red Creole, or the Lavender Isabel Orpingtons. I found a breeder in England, but no international shipping of eggs or (heaven forbid) live birds. Just curious to see if there is a better way to get some without having to fly to England personally to get hatching eggs.

There is one in CA but I can't remember who. Try searching the forums as they have been mentioned on BYC at least, and may be members. Use search words like orpington, breeders, or one specific breed you're looking for. good luck!

I'm working on breeding my own strain of crele Orpingtons. I have generations 1 right now, but I'm not NPIP certified to ship out of state yet. Picture of my 7 week old project female wheaten crele Orpington.
1008191415a.jpg

MyPetChicken.com sells crele Orpingtons.

Last edited:
Is there a breeder of the more rare strain of Orpingtons here in the states? I mean like the Red Partridge, Gold Laced, Silver Laced, Creole, Blue Partridge, Red Creole, or the Lavender Isabel Orpingtons. I found a breeder in England, but no international shipping of eggs or (heaven forbid) live birds. Just curious to see if there is a better way to get some without having to fly to England personally to get hatching eggs.

I know of many breeders here in the states who have those varieties.

Back
Top Bottom