Rare sight...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I've seen this before, but it always fascinates me.

These animals were photographed just north of the Wisconsin border on a highway near Marenisco , MI .
    Once in awhile there is an opportunity to take in a piece of nature that you may never see. In these days of unrest and turmoil it is great to see that God still produces some wondrous beauty.

[​IMG]

The odds of seeing an albino moose are astronomical and to see this in the upper peninsula of Michigan , near Wisconsin , is even greater than astronomical. To see two of them together is nearly impossible.
    I wanted to share this photo because you will probably never have a chance to see this rare sight again.
    This is a really special treat, so enjoy the photo shot of a lifetime.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Wow, thank you for that. [​IMG]

3. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Absolutely amazing ! Thanks for posting the pic Mahonri. [​IMG]

4. baltimoreharps

baltimoreharps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    That is beautiful!! Thank you for that picture! [​IMG] My children will love to see that when they get up, I don't think they know that there are albino moose. [​IMG]

5. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! [​IMG]

6. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    I dont know about those but most around here are not albino they have brown eyes (piebald) or blue (leucistic (sp)). As a matter of fact we have a calf from this year that is all white in my town.

The lil booger and its momma seem to be enjoying some of my hay fields and others around it. We also have a cow moose with a blaze and a this years calf who is normal. We even get some that are spotted almost like a paint horse.

Still is soo cool to see them. I was shocked the first time we saw the baby this year. We also get white buffalo calves once in a while. In the 70's here we have 7 one year.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  7. Stina

Stina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    Wow, way cool!

Definitely not a common sight! ...I think this kind of thing is going to get much more common in the coming years though as predators dwindle and groups of animals become more isolated thus limiting local gene pools.

8. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Beautiful,Thanks for sharing....

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us all! Makes you appreciate the things God has given us all. [​IMG]

10. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Wow, thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by