Rarest breed of chicken in the US?

Quote:
Those actually just poped out of regular seramas from my understanding. I havent seen too many true to standard seramas let alone silkied or frizzled seramas.

That is a Ohiki. Some times they do not get the all white on them but when they are in blood feathering they are not as white as they are the rest of the year. I got to say that is a very nice Ohiki. One thing is if you do not know any thing about Ohiki and you never worked with them DO NOT put them down saying that they poor looking birds!!!!!!!!! From the potos that I have seen of chrisf birds they ARE PURE OHIKI!!!!

Thanks Chuck

sorry i don't know much about that rare breed
hide.gif
I just ment that they did not have a pure white ear lobe

Last edited:
Did I tell you all that Scraps RIW and mine are related ?
We got to talking and found out my birds came from eggs I got from a woman who got her eggs and hatched them from Scraps...no lie !
So my birds are his grandkids and no need to swap, but we will still work on certain points of the breed, they are stunning birds, I fall for them more daily.
I am searching for the guy who was searching for Orloff ?

I LOVE the RIW birds! I have seen them in past shows, admired them and noticed last year that there were none at the Bluebonnet Special Show at Texas A&M, we need to get these birds promoted! I'll take some eggs later in spring! Really awesome pictures too!

Andy

I raised Nankins and Russian Orloffs, both which were wonderful to have and very rare. The Orloffs are one of the very upright breeds and you can tell from day one chicks that they stand up different from regular chicks. I don't have either anymore (not enough room) but they were nice while I had them
smile.png

Tammie

Back
Top Bottom