Rat babies *pics*

They are too cute, thanks for updating us with pictures. I LOVE seeing how animals develop, so keep us updated!
big_smile.png

My daughter had to have her rat 'Opal' put down last night. She is so sad. She feels like alot of people just dont understand why she would be so upset over a rat. I told her i am proud of her for her love of animals and if someone thinks it is foolish, just feel sorry for them. Opal was also pregnant when Amy got her and she kept 3 babies and they are all grown up now. It was upsetting to find out she had to find homes for 9 baby rats that she knew would not feed them to a snake. She ended up with the 3 and now its good she has them to comfort her in her sad time. We thought 9 was alot......i could not believe my eyes when i saw this post......guess she got lucky.

Thanks everyone:)

This was one of my bigger litters that I've had here, I didnt think Glitter would have such a large litter since this was her first and the dad was pretty old,but she shocked us.
I'm keeipng at least 2 of the babies, my boyfriend says he wants 2(& since he lives with me, I guess I'm keeping 4,lol) . I'm lining up homes for the rest.

How cute we used to have 4 rats (3 females and a male) we woke up one morning to five babies by one mom and later that day 22 by another. the two moms would constanly steel babies from eachother and eventually formed one huge nest

I am so enjoying this thread. When you take tommorows pics put a quarter beside them for reference please. Thanks for all the great pics!

soo cutee.
just make sure you DONT feed them peppers.
i had some mice and well someone put a pepper in there and they ate a lot of it and some died.
sad.png

i dont know if its the same for rats, but i would just be careful

but they are soo cute!!!!

aaawwwww what adorable little agouti babies. I cannot show this pic to my daughter or she will be beating your door down for one or two or three.
big_smile.png
She lost her male hooded agouti last winter...he was over 3 years old and such a squishy boy...she misses him terribly.

Take care of those precious babies.

Back
Top Bottom