RAT -X anyone????

Brewsterhens

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 29, 2011
Hi. Well, ****. Dejectedly, as I await the near completion of my exciting new fancy coop, I am alerted to the fact that we have rats.

Barf.

I have dogs so do not want to use the poisons ; but found a website about this stuff called RAT X...anyone here use it??? PLEase tell me it is safe for dogs and works?? Please???LOL.

It is the type of thing that dehydrates them apparently....
help.
Ugh. God..

Anyone have any knowledge of this day x product? We found we have a rat issue and they got one of our baby chicks last night. Is rat x safe to use in the coop?

Anyone have any knowledge of this day x product? We found we have a rat issue and they got one of our baby chicks last night. Is rat x safe to use in the coop?
Did you ever use this? I have a problem with rats as well and I hate setting traps. Looking for some advise!

Did you ever use this? I have a problem with rats as well and I hate setting traps. Looking for some advise!
We have been for 2 weeks now. I called the company directly and she said it only kills rats! Even if the chicken eats some it may make them thirsty but will not harm them. I have been taking in their food each night and placing the stuff in a small container in areas the chickens cannot get too. I put it out each night and remove it in the am. Rats are def eating it but I’m still seeing a few.

We have been for 2 weeks now. I called the company directly and she said it only kills rats! Even if the chicken eats some it may make them thirsty but will not harm them. I have been taking in their food each night and placing the stuff in a small container in areas the chickens cannot get too. I put it out each night and remove it in the am. Rats are def eating it but I’m still seeing a few.
Well I just tried to order some and unfortunately they do not ship to Canada so I guess I'll have to find something else. Thanks for replying and letting me know it's seems to be working for you.

You can buy it at walmart for $9.99.
My cat ate it and I thought it was rat poison. After spending 250$ I found out it was a dehydrator for rats. Remove all sources of water when you use the ratX

The MSDS doesn't look too bad, so I do hope it works! No experience with it here, and would love reports after you use it.
In general, if it looks too good to be true, it is. Here's hoping!
Mary

I've been using RatX for several months now. As far as effectiveness, it really does seem to work, and work well. When I notice evidence of rats (I usually hear them as I'm working at night in my barn) I leave out a few pellets in key areas and a few days later the rats are gone. Even though it comes in pellet form they are large enough to individually place and keep track of. I remember where I set them out and take note of which ones are missing the next day, so I know the rats are eating them. And even though they're supposed to only affect rats (I guess they work by dehydrating the rats and only work on rodents) I always pick them up before I let out the chickens in the morning just to be sure they don't get them, and because they can be re-used, as long as they don't get wet.

This morning I forgot to remove a handful of pellets I set out last night and I'm pretty sure my chickens ate them. I'll be keeping an eye of them to see what happens but they have access to plenty of water and it's not supposed to affect other species anyway, so we'll see.

I'll post an update in a couple days.

Back
Top Bottom