Rate McMurray Hatchery

austrolover1

Songster
Dec 14, 2015
How would you rate Mcmurray hatchery 1-10 (worst to great)? Just wanted to see what others thought about it and why. I for one rate it a 8; the service was great but the chicks were small and 4 died.:( But overall i was very pkeased with my purchase.

How would you rate Mcmurray hatchery 1-10 (worst to great)? Just wanted to see what others thought about it and why. I for one rate it a 8; the service was great but the chicks were small and 4 died.
sad.png
But overall i was very pkeased with my purchase.
I've only ordered from them once. The chicks showed up on time, the sexing was accurate, and they all lived, until I rehomed them to go back on the road, and the guy I gave them to let them all get eaten by coyotes.

I'd say 10.

I'd rate them a ten. I ordered my chicks and they arrived within 12 hours of being shipped in excellent condition. They sent 2-3 extra of each variety and a free chick which was a WCB polish bantam hen. Silkies look good, correct toes, color and they have nice crests. In fact all of the birds were correct in color, size and shape. Friendly and healthy.I ordered all bantams so they were straight run which turned out to be almost an even 50/50 males and females.

I got started pullets. They are very nice. I am very pleased with them. All were healthy and active when they arrived, and still are. If you don't want to mess with unwanted roos, or brooding chicks, it is well worth the extra money for the started girls. I only wish they offered a larger variety to choose from.

It really depends on how many and where you live. I ordered 5 pullets, and live in WA state. I paid, total, $255.30. I might add, I will probably do it again
1f60d.png
. That includes the cost of the birds. I might add that I had, previously gotten 5 four to six week olds. That cost $175.00, but they got out of their pen(due to bad planning on my part), and decided to roost under my barn. Preditor got all of them before I could fix the pen. Also, sexing is harder for the little ones, and my rooster will not tolerate another rooster on the place.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom