Rate My BLRW pair please :)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MissD'uccle, Nov 8, 2010.

1. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    Ok ya'll, here is a pair I hatched from some breeder eggs. My son would love to show them but I am not educated on the standards for this particular breed. What do you guys think? Thanks for any input! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    thet are beautiful

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    We'd need to see more than a scrunched up chest view of the birds. [​IMG] I'd love to see its side profile, mainly.

Already though I can tell you that the female's lacing is not the best. Each feather needs a complete even lacing of splash coloring, not a focused lacing at the tips. The cockerel also displays poor lacing in that it is pointed much like hatchery stock, not a nice oval shape. And last - The cockerel's comb looks okay, but the pullet's comb seems to stop far too soon. A rose comb needs a nice tapering tip on it, not a cut-off appearance. A rosecomb not having a nice tapered tip can lead to a DQ. And, is the cockerel's shanks yellow or pink? That pink hue is another risk of a DQ.

The body looks good so far, but only a side profile can really tell.

4. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    Thanks for the input so far! I will get some more pics tomorrow.

5. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    being that they are not a qualifying coloring, they won't win any more then best of variety. I show mine just so I can get them out there for the judges to see and get their opinion of what I need to work on.
    think of it as a learning experience, and not so much to win at this point.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by