Is this a fun post?

• Oh yes!

Votes: 173 87.4%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • It's ok

Votes: 18 9.1%

• Total voters
Hmm. I can't make out what it is, usually you can't tell with silkies unless they start to get string feathers, start to crow, or start to lay eggs.

I should get a better pic the comb is already looking pretty prize i think that is Cochin trait.
wink.png

Oh. If that's the case it probably is a cock because at this age and already starting to get a comb. Is it starting to turn red?

Hmmm, very unsure, I've had cases like this and it turned out to be a female. I'd wait a bit longer to tell for sure. :)

Really that is soooo cool! I have got to do this! What herbs can you use? Do you find they do help your chickens?

Yes, the herbs hep tremendously! You can use pretty much any herbs besides the following: Azalea, philodendron, rhododendron, sweet pea, black nightshade, foxglove, oleander, castor bean, vetch, henbane, irises, lantana, St. john's wort, trumpets vine, morning glory, datura, clematis and honeysuckle.

Here's an article I wrote on herbs to use in the nest. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. :)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/nest-box-aromatherapy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom