Rationed fed CX (for breeding) and Free Feed CX just one week from being separated

Compost King

Free Ranging
Apr 19, 2018
Salisbury, North Carolina
Age Just under 6 weeks, separated 6 days ago. The ones separated for breeding are able to climb to the top of a large compost pile in search of food (and their feeder isn't even empty because they had left overs from last night)... The free feed Meat Birds are so fat they sit in the grass nibbling or sit at the feeder nibbling. They have only been separated for one week. Already seeing a difference in their activity. The Foraging CX are starting to forage first and going to the feeder 2nd. Thats encouraging.
IMG_5831.JPG
IMG_5816.JPG

I am doing something similar(fed restricted since chicks) with a CornishX Pullet and a Colored Broiler Pullet looking for a F1 Cokerel, I believe that these will be the best cross to produce 3/4(75%) CornishX Progeny which should dress to about 4 pounds 6 weeks.

View attachment 2278222

View attachment 2278225
I have done this, I call it the buddy bird method. I would put CX with another bird that is great at foraging and the CX will start acting more like the foraging bird. I did not have a buddy bird available this time around. This should work out great for you and picking a colored broiler is the perfect match.

Back
Top Bottom