Rats, rats EVERYWHERE! ☹️

When I was a kid on the farm, we were overrun with rats. 100's My dad would find the holes where they hide during the day. Plug all the holes except one. Take any engine, bigger the better, connect a hose (metal) to the exhaust & stick other end down the hole. Run engine for an hour. Caution!!!!! Only do this method on out-buildings in the country!!!!!!!!!!!Do not do this around your home!!!!!!!!!!Any rats that get away will not come back. Please do not do this unless you understand the consequences!!!!!! Better than poison------it won't kill the neighbors pets. I hope this doesn't offend anyone.
I’m not sure I’m risky enough to try it :lau

Chester got one 😉
02A285F6-687C-4ACE-AF47-3ABB3A153710.jpeg

This all started last year when my neighbor unloaded some rat-infested materials. They quickly came up to my house. Plentiful food supply, right? Well. I cant take it anymore. There’s stupid rats EVERYWHERE by my chicken pens. And I can’t use poison and no amount of traps would ever get all those dang mice.

Do I rehome my flock and start anew later?? It seems the rat population keeps growing and growing. My feed bill is sky high because I’m feeding more rats than chickens. It’s to the point where my chickens are absolutely starving if not fed twice daily.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

I already have 4 cats.
Goodnature Automatic Trap. Google it for your area. It's expensive but you understand why real quick. Non toxic bait...the rat dies instantly and the trap resets itself for its next kill. I was infested here with underground tunnels all over my property. I installed this trap in a shed that they took over and it worked amazing. It has been a year and my rat population is controlled...I killed another one yesterday...first one sinc February...they must be coming in from the fie
This all started last year when my neighbor unloaded some rat-infested materials. They quickly came up to my house. Plentiful food supply, right? Well. I cant take it anymore. There’s stupid rats EVERYWHERE by my chicken pens. And I can’t use poison and no amount of traps would ever get all those dang mice.

Do I rehome my flock and start anew later?? It seems the rat population keeps growing and growing. My feed bill is sky high because I’m feeding more rats than chickens. It’s to the point where my chickens are absolutely starving if not fed twice daily.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

I already have 4 cats.
Goodnature Automatic trap
Saved my sanity. Google it for your area and watch the videos. Works as it promises.

Except when the rats stand on their hind legs and feed from the trough right beside your hens. How do you fix that?
First off you do not know that because you do not have one of my feeders and I am not going to sell you one.

Second, the body of the rat would have to be the size of a house cat so if you cannot fence out rats the size of house cats, if you even have rats that large, you don't need a treadle feeder and you don't need chickens. You should be eating rats instead.

Someone please send me pictures of house cat sized rats. My life will be complete.

First off you do not know that because you do not have one of my feeders and I am not going to sell you one.

Second, the body of the rat would have to be the size of a house cat so if you cannot fence out rats the size of house cats, if you even have rats that large, you don't need a treadle feeder and you don't need chickens. You should be eating rats instead.

Someone please send me pictures of house cat sized rats. My life will be complete.
Not to forget to mention, if rats are that big then they’ll most likely be an easier target to catch &/or shoot ;) Now, if it were mutant-sized rats like in the movie Princess Bride then we’re all screwed.

If we start seeing house cat sized rats I am going to Mars with Elon Musk on the first rocket. There will some though recommending that we adopt tigers and lions from the Humane Society to hunt the rats. Just turn loose in the back yard.. what could go wrong?

Back
Top Bottom