Rats stole 4 chicks. graphic pic of dead rat

This place sure could use a Rat Zapper!!!
83761_ratfeast.jpg

I watched some video's of the Rat Zapper on you tube. That looks like some thing i could rig up so the chickens don't get into it..

pips&peeps we are on the east side.

pips&peeps :

Do you guys live in Western WA??? I've never seen a rat here on this side of the State.

Yes, I wondered if that was a warf rat.

My folks had problems with rats/coop and run years ago. The colony was huge - both the rat size and number. They ended up having to use poison and then fill in the tunnels.

Best of hunting to you.​

I am debating on whether I should order one----I HAVE to do something different, as they won't touch the poison now. Has anyone tried the Victor Electronic Rat Trap? It's basically the same thing, but has a sensor light already on it to let you know when to empty. The difference is that the Rat Zapper says it is good for 2 years on (I believe) 4 D batteries and the Victor says it can kill up to 50 rats on 4 C batteries. I think I'd get 50 rats w/in a week.....

Debbie'sFlocks, did you order the rat tail or the rat's nest? I'm trying to decide if those are necessary.

Last edited:
No extras, just the rat zapper. It will be used inside the chickens barn so it wont be getting wet. Plus i figure if i need to use it outside i can use one of those ziploc containers, much cheaper than the rats nest.

Back
Top Bottom