Rave for Central Hatchery!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Mar 6, 2009.

1. My 60 Cornish cross chicks just arrived, all alive from Central Hatchery. They came from Nebraska to Rhode Island, shipped on Wednesday.
    All of the chicks are healthy and already eating!

I paid $59.00, shipping included, for these 60 chicks!

Everytime I called, I got the same gentleman who was very polite and helpful. He even shipped my order before my payment arrived (they only take check or money order and I was a little late, he got the payment the day after they shipped out).

Run, don't walk, over to the Central Hatchery website and place your order for chicks now!

Did I mention that I called them only about 3 weeks ago and I already got my chicks?! No crazy 2 month+ wait!

[​IMG]

2. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    They are nice people, I havn't heard much talk about them in the past and just happend to stumble on their website while doing a couple of searches. They should do good as they sell ross 508 which is a good cross.

3. nitestalker

nitestalker New Egg

Feb 22, 2009
    I've always gotten my birds from them since they are close. never lost one of their chicks

brian harlow

4. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    nightstalker, are you from NE?

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Egg

Feb 22, 2009
    SURE AM

6. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Go Chickies! [​IMG]

7. lambchick

lambchick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2009
    Nebraska
    Me too!

8. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Nebraska
    I'm in NE toooooo!! I almost ordered from Central but I had already placed an order with McMurray.

I'll likely order some from Central next year.

9. ke_ben

ke_ben Chillin' With My Peeps

Central is the best for the Cornish X's. I have been group buying from them for years with great results and someone else turned me onto them that had used them for a long time before. I've got 48 growing out back right now. This year a friend wanted to throw in a 100 Sil-go links that did excellent also. Your first order you have to pre-pay with a check but after that they will just send you a bill for later orders. They are great to work with and have the healthiest birds that I have seen shipped. I think anyone using them would be quite pleased. They only offer a few varieties and sell out pretty quickly on hatch dates though.

I see that this is an old post but all still applies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by