Raw eggs for consumption???

Read in this post about coddling eggs:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=167469

There is loads of info on the web about salmonella in eggs. There is no way to be certain it is not there, whether from your own chickens or store bought.

I have been eating over easy eggs all my life. Somewhere along the way I must have encountered it, but I never got sick from eating an egg. From what I have read, to get sick from it you either have to get a huge load of the bugs, or be immunocompromised, as can be the case for people on chemo, for example. A quick Google will bring up plenty of information.

DS eats his eggs very runny sunny side up. I only let him eat them this way with our eggs, not from the grocery store. Dont trust them. We use ours raw in other stuff too and nobody has ever gotten sick from them.

Great responses here. It seems as if a bacteria is simply a pathogen, then to better eliminate contamination or a possible outbreak, one should limit what attracts or what promotes bacterial growth. Even though it seems like it would be safe, I think I'll attempt to do some more research.

Back
Top Bottom