1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Re: 4 Turkeys just hatched......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickNLittle, May 9, 2008.

1. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Ok guys/gals these are my first baby turkeys there is supposed to be two bourbon red and two bronze and I got extras of course. So...they all came out at the same time . I have one egg left that hasn't pipped yet, the due date wasnt' until tomorrow anyway. Three of the newborns are sort of a light brown and one is black? Or at least thats what they look like right out of the shell. Tehe! So which color is the bourbon reds?

2. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Thats great. I just hatched my first turkeys also. 18 to be exact. I was worried about getting them to eat. I had heard many stories about how hard they are to get started. I put a little water in with the crumbles and they LOVE it.
    Bourbon reds are light yellow with red heads. Some of the pics I have show a red collor on the back of the neck. Conjrats on the babies.

3. ChickNLittle

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Thanks Farmgirl. So far I got 3 bourbon reds, and one bronze (I believe). I'm hoping the last one hatches. Still waiting. Tehe! Good luck with yours. Seems like you have a crowd. Tehe! Thanks again for the info [​IMG]

4. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    Could you post pix ?

5. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I'll post a pic of mine. I would love to see yours Chicknlittle.
    [​IMG]

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Oh those are adorable! I miss our turkeys. I can't wait to get more.

Good luck with that other egg! [​IMG]

7. ChickNLittle

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Hey Farmgirl, I would get some pics of the turkeys posted if I knew how. I have been trying and trying. I even read the instructions on how to post pics. I have some on photobucket but how do you get the complete URL for the picture?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by