re crack in egg

mbnewby

Songster
9 Years
May 14, 2010
i have a egg that has a crack in it ive candle it and it has embro in it that seems to be growing ok is there a good chance that it will hatch withy out dieing

I really don't know, but everything I have read says that cracked eggs should be pitched as they can allow bacteria inside and the egg can go bad and contaminate the rest of the hatch. It also said that the egg will dry out. If you can clearly see an embryo and no blood rings personally I would just watch it closley and if you see any sign on blood ring and I would get rid of it.

I am a softy and I don't like to let anything dye, so I would always try and save anything.

Good Luck.
Teresa

I accidentally cracked an egg while candling on day 7 once...I put clear finger nail polish over the cracked area and 14 days later......Voila!! Out came a healthy, cute, little fuzzy chick!

i am having this same trouble right now. where mine is cracked it is on the side one the egg and is raised like a bump the size of a nickel.Where the crack and bump is at is where the air sac is. I hope they make it,I cant throw mine out either its all or none lol.
fl.gif

I've hatched a cracked egg before also....it had gotten knocked out of the nest and was only days from hatching, I put it back under the hen and presto...chick!

Back
Top Bottom