Re: Duckie Help...Please read...

Quote:
Hmmm...I dunno. I got a bad haircut once and I posted angry reviews of the salon and pictures of my chopped up hair all over the internet. I didn't get in any trouble, but the manager of the salon did e-mail me several times offering to "fix" the hair (The manager was the one who gave the bad cut in the first place) and asking me to take the bad reviews down - which I didn't. The salon closed about four months later.
lol.png

Forgot to mention...they have my full name, address and phone number...they require it be filled out on a sign in sheet when you being any animals there. Little did I know it would backfire...otherwie I would have given phony info and gone back in there the next day with my real info...pretending to be a different person and "look to adopt some duckies"
Heh...if only I'd have known. I almost wish they would send some kind of...I dunno...ranger or something down here to see what my ducks REALLY live in...a nice clean pond, loaded with treats...open spaces to play...hmmm

Annarie...too bad you don't live in Canada...I'm sure we could pair up and tag-team this place lol. Good luck with the pup btw...and definetly stand your ground...don't fall for the "we rescue animals"...more like "we need funding...give us animals so that we can use them for money..."
lol.png

Wow, just read your story and I know I'd be ticked. I have a friend I met when she worked at a wild life refuge. She no longer works there, but does care for injured animals from her home. She is who I'd ask for advice from before I'd go to the refuge. Someone had dumped a bunch of Indian runner ducks there (they do not take domestic animals). I was called because my friend knew we raise runners and other ducks. Though the people who work there seemed nice enough, they didn't really know much about the domestic ducks. They are a wildlife refuge though, so didn't really expect that they would be well versed in that area. I hope you can find your duckies. I might even post at local feed stores about your "lost" duckies and maybe someone would get back to you.

Since your in Canada I do not know your laws reguarding animal cruelty...Does your area have statutes pertaining to birds, fowl, or live stock? Look 'em up.

Call them and tell them they have no legal right to STEAL your birds and accuse you of neglect when they have no proof except you brought them in from being poisoned by a labeled and freely produced food that you did not know was toxic and had previously had no problems with. Tell them to return your ducks unless they are going to attempt to charge you with cruelty. Threaten to charge them with theft, since what they've technically done is stolen your property. Unless of course on whatever you filled out you 'signed' the rights to ownership over to them.

Two, friends, family, fellow BYCers in Canada - contact all them and tell them what happened, ask them to call and complain on your behalf! Call the local radio station if ya'll have one and tell them your story as well. If you lived here near me I'd be up there giving them a B****ing that would turn their ears red and curl their toes cause I can out curse and out sass a sailor.
wink.png

good luck and keep us posted on anything you learn!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Hmmm...I dunno. I got a bad haircut once and I posted angry reviews of the salon and pictures of my chopped up hair all over the internet. I didn't get in any trouble, but the manager of the salon did e-mail me several times offering to "fix" the hair (The manager was the one who gave the bad cut in the first place) and asking me to take the bad reviews down - which I didn't. The salon closed about four months later.
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

lau.gif

Good for you. Good job !

Quote:
I agree. They have no right nor do they have the authority to take away your ducks with no evidence. Don’t they have to go out to the home to inspect and prove the person guilty or innocent of any allegations? How can they just do that? Oh no! I’m getting even madder just thinking about it.
somad.gif
I would contact the agency that is over them. There is some type of process that they are mandated to follow in situations like this. Did anyone do a home inspection? Did anyone interview neighbors or friends about your character and how you care for your animals? No, none of this took place. There has to be a “trial” so to speak. They just can’t take your animals without having any evidence that any type of neglect has been done. Can you call the local officials and request this agency be investigated for what they did?

What’s their number? I’m ready to call now. I have unlimited minutes with ATT. I’ll call!!! I’ll write a letter. I’ll team up with you and do what I can from this end. Do not let them get away with this. Find those babies and get them back.

What can we do to help? Let’s do something.
somad.gif

Last edited:
As a dog rescuer, I want to apologize to you on behalf of rescuers....we are not all like that. Some of us want to help people who want help with their animals. I think the way they treated you was terrible!

I'd be very angry at the feed store if I were you and would do more than just give them a piece of your mind. At the very least, they have caused you to have your ducks confiscated due to their error. Animal feed should never be toxic to the animals it is designed to feed. You were a victim and the wildlife people made it worse. Shame on them. But it sounds like your ducks were damaged/confiscated due to what you fed them so the people who sold you the feed should be responsible.

How are your other poultry?

Here is what it boils down to. They stole your property. Plain and simple. This is a place that people take their pets for medical care, yes? Tell them they had no authority to steal your animals. And if they do not return them TODAY you are going to have them arrested and you will sue them.

Go to the police and file a report. You brought your animals there, AT THE SUGGESTION OF YOUR VET (so obviously you're not neglecting them) to get help for a MEDICAL ISSUE they were having. After giving you the run around and putting you off they gave your animals to someone else.

Do you have a Canadian version of the ACLU? I would contact them also. You don't just take things from people without some sort of proof.

Back
Top Bottom