Re home duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SummerBoss, Oct 23, 2019.

1. SummerBoss

SummerBoss In the Brooder

Oct 23, 2019
    I live in Willis, TX and I was asked by my neighbor to take two little ducks because their kids were afraid of them. I have 2 acres with a pond but no fence. One duck was just killed by a stray dog. I now have 25 duck eggs and a depressed and confused duck. Any advice on re homing the surviving duck would be appreciated!

DrVeghead, DiYMama540 and Miss Lydia like this.
  2. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    @Magnolia Ducks @Texas Kiki @Texag87 Welcome to BYC! I don't know if where you live is near these members but it sounds like you've got female ducks and they might be willing to take them. What breed are they?

Raenh and DiYMama540 like this.
  3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Ephesians 6:13

:welcomeYou could place an ad on craigslist or here on BYC we have a rehoming thread if you'll scroll past here.
    How old is the duck? and what are you going to do with 25 duck eggs? also we have state forums go to where am I where are you and look up Texas. What is Willis. TX close to? we do have Texas folk here on the duck forum. What breed and do you have a picture?

4. SummerBoss

Oct 23, 2019
    I think 6 months? Willis is between Conroe and Huntsville. I have no idea what to do with the eggs.

Raenh likes this.
  5. SummerBoss

Oct 23, 2019
    I am close to Magnolia. I think it’s a Pekin, male and I have a bunch of eggs...

Attached Files:

6. Texag87

Texag87 Crowing

Sep 22, 2018
    Aggieland
    welcome to BYC. I am the next closest to you since Huntsville is only 45 miles away and Willis is not that much farther. Unfortunately I just moved and have not built a second coop and pen area. That is in the plans. @Magnolia Ducks could probably use a Pekin for her blue pekin runner project but might not be set up for it yet since she has 7 in the bator right now.

7. Ratchnick

Ratchnick Chirping

Oct 13, 2019
    Anchorage Alaska
    Use the eggs same as you would a chicken egg. But be careful, you might like them and end up with more ducks not less.

P.s. they are great for baking

8. quackiemama

quackiemama Free Ranging

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    Duck eggs are good for everything!

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Ephesians 6:13

Makes awesome egg salad too.where did all the eggs come from if you think the Pekin is a drake?

10. Magnolia Ducks

Magnolia Ducks Crowing

Jan 24, 2018
    Magnolia, TX
    I need hens but have too many drakes right now. I would come get for my Pekin project if it's a hen but I am trying to find homes for three drakes right now.

Raenh, Miss Lydia and DiYMama540 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: