Re-homing four chickens in Toledo, Ohio

Hello,

I have four hens that I’ve considered giving away. I’m still new at chicken care taking but it hasn’t been the experience I thought it would be. I care about the chickens and I want them to go to a good home. I live in Ohio and the hens have been solely outdoors (I don’t bring them in the house). I got them all in February 2018 but from different places. I have 2 Sebrights that I got from a friend in West Toledo as adults and a Rhode Island Red/Plymouth Rock I got from someone else as adults. I’m just really down about keeping them and I’m worried about trying to keep up with them in the winter. I wanted to experience chicken caretaking and I don’t feel it’s for me. I have a coop and everything for them. I feel bad that I even took this on but I didn’t know what to expect.

BAF75DA2-FB47-4D04-9466-C0C9A3B7BB17.jpeg
3B3804CF-6FC2-4806-8DE9-2602662A8489.jpeg
19FC7FC2-1638-466F-9859-B74CAA9935A5.jpeg
E17D2DC8-A84A-406F-8B0D-8EAE80AFCAF4.jpeg
I live in ohio. Can you post pics?

Can I ask what's bothering you about caring for chickens? I'm new to this as well. I'm in Ohio about 3 hours from Toledo.

Can I ask what's bothering you about caring for chickens? I'm new to this as well. I'm in Ohio about 3 hours from Toledo.

Hello,
I’ve come into some issues with each one of my chickens so far. Eye infections, prolapsed vent which led to one passing away, poopy butts, pecking etc. I like having the chickens but some situations are stressful and make me wonder if I still really want to do this.

Hello,
I’ve come into some issues with each one of my chickens so far. Eye infections, prolapsed vent which led to one passing away, poopy butts, pecking etc. I like having the chickens but some situations are stressful and make me wonder if I still really want to do this.
I'm sorry to hear that. I've never had chickens before. I don't know how I would emotionally handle that either. Do you have any help with them?

I'm sorry to hear that. I've never had chickens before. I don't know how I would emotionally handle that either. Do you have any help with them?

A have a little help but the chickens are mine so I’m the main caretaker.

Back
Top Bottom