Re-introducing a sick chicken

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chickenflans, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Chickenflans

Chickenflans New Egg

Nov 10, 2015
    I have five hens 15 weeks old... One of them got crazy legs couldn't walk so I separated her I've been giving her a go vitamin enriched water etc. now she seems way better she's healthy she can walk again and she's getting some resistance bring her back into the flock they're picking on her I would love any suggestions I can get
    Thanks,
    Matt
    [email protected]

2. goofychickens

goofychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Hiya, Matt!( I have an uncle by that name). Yes I assume you may if she has no other symptoms such as diarrhea or droopy wing,etc. It sounds like she just injured her legs because of a vitamin deficiency. I know this will sound silly, but I don't think "wobbly legs" is contagious. If the others pick on her, WHACK THOSE BIDDIES WITH A BROOM! ( Joking.) If the others pick on her, separate away the meanest one. It well help. OK well if she has any other symptoms don't reintroduce her.
    ( Also, I think you should name her Wobbly.Ha-ha. Always wanted to say that.)
    -Goofy

3. animalgrl

animalgrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2015
    I've had to reintroduce chickens before. If you can, put her in a smaller pen or a dog crate in the pen with the others so they can all see and talk to each other but not attack her. After a day or two, when the others seem less obsessed with her, you can put her in with the others. That's worked for me.

4. goofychickens

goofychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

I totally agree with her but please take my advice, also.
    -Goofy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by