Re-introducing Self

ShelterGirl

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
So, I know many people may not recognize me anymore. I was here for the longest time not only updating folks on our rescued Henny Penny, but also trying to get people to help us in the Pepsi Refresh Contest to try and win a $5,000 grant to build a bigger chicken rescue.

Unfortunately, I fell away from BYC in shame. Due to family issues, I have been forced to leave all my chickens behind with one of our family members. I had to make the hard decision to let them live on their open farm instead of bringing them with us on our move. I have not seen any of our horses, chickens, goats, or even the burial sites for my beloved animals in about 3 months. I will never see them again after maybe one more visit in upcoming months. I get to move our two dogs and my cat, possibly two horses. But my rescued chickens I cannot bear to take away from their freedom and put into an enclosure for the rest of their lives.

Needless to say, I felt as if I had no place on BYC anymore with no chickens. But tonight I felt like returning. I also feel terrible for the 50 some-odd followers of Henny Penny's Facebook page because I cannot update on her status, and won't really be able to.

I cannot talk to that part of my family anymore, unless we go one final time to pick up the horses. I hate that this has happened, but my life has flipped totally around in the past couple of months.

So I just wanted to say, to anyone out there who has chickens at the moment, give them a hug for me. If you love them, show them you appreciate them and treat them to their favorite snack for no reason. I miss my babies, and I hope that you show them just how much you appreciate their affection (and egg-laying!).

-ShelterGirl

Welcome back from Calif.
frow.gif

i am sorry for your hardship......i hope things get better for you and your animals....i didnt know you as i am new to this site..........merry christmas to you

It sounds like you were in a tough spot there. You are to be commended on making the decision that was best for your animals rather than yourself.
hugs.gif

There are many BYCers who do not have chickens. You are always welcome here. Hopefully, you will be able to re-establish your flock in a new place soon. If not, you can get your fix on the forum.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom