Re-introduction?

baysidechicks

Songster
Apr 9, 2020
I'm not sure if I did this when I first joined, so apologies for duplicate post if so? I am loving all the info on this site!

Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Brand new to chickens! Our chicks arrived on March 10

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

Two polish, one I think is a Golden Comet, one ??? They were free chicks, not sure what breeds our benefactor got. He had to order a minimum of 24 and didn't want such a big flock, so I got 7, picked my faves and gave the other three to a friend.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Well, hopefully the eventual eggs will be a favorite aspect, but right now I'm astonished at how entertained and emotionally attached I am getting to these little things! THey all have very distinct personalities!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I'm a sailor, outdoors lover, like to putter in my garden, volunteer to do butterfly surveys, etc. I run a non profit marine education center here in Key Largo, so the ocean is my first love, but plenty of room in my heart for all the rest of the world.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have two dogs (border collie cross and shelter mutt) and a cat.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Google led me here, after I first decided to get the chicks, and I'm so glad I found it!

Back
Top Bottom