1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Re: My silkie Hatch...er....or lack of pips

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickNLittle, Apr 17, 2008.

1. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Today is day 21 and I had some silky eggs dancing in the incubator with no pips, inside an egg carton. Well so far I still have no pips and I got worried about them. I candled two of them and did see movement. So I just placed them back in the carton and left them alone. I'm biting my nails, wishing I would see at least one pip. All 21 day the temp stayed close to 100 - 101 degrees, still air. So you think maybe they are a little bit late and will pip tomorrow, or by tomorrow? I'm hoping so! Like I said, there was movement in the two I candled a few hours ago. I thought yesterday I seen a pip and I posted that, but I noticed that its not a pip, but a little spot on the shell. [​IMG]

2. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    Try not to lift the lid again, At this stage of the game you do not want your heat and humidity going up and down..

Are you sure it is 21 days?

:)

GOOD LUCK!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by