1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ready for summer

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rainlips, Dec 7, 2013.

1. rainlips

rainlips Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2013
    Northern michigan
    I'm over this cold! It's 15 degrees in mi... I would really like to be outside watching my chickens! It's only dec... It's going to be a long winter!

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm with you, it's 24* here now, just looked at the weather forecast and we are supposed to have a low of 5* next week. I am starting to feel sorry for all the times I complained about the hot weather over the summer.

3. TXchickmum

TXchickmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    North Texas
    I am rather enjoying the treat of winter here in Texas. -don't have too much of an actual winter around here. -nice to have a seasonal spell for a change. -will melt and be gone in a few days. It does look funny to see ice on oak leaves. Our deciduous trees are still sporting a ton of leaves!

4. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    You are a monster chickmum! So cold. X)

5. lularat

lularat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    I guess I can't complain. Got to the lower 50's today and will be around 25 tonight, and then in the upper 40's tomorrow. Heat wave compared to some of you. Stay warm.

6. rainlips

rainlips Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2013
    Northern michigan
    Yes that is a heat wave! It's 9 here today. Poor birds!

7. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011

That sounds very nice. :p I wish we got a bit of ice round here every now and then, the coldest it usually gets in winter is 5 degrees, rarely lower, which practically is a heat wave compared to England or Germany, where I much preferred to be... Today's top is 35, tomorrow's 38 and on Thursday it's going to be 40. This is not going to be fun!! (Usually when it gets that hot I don't even go outside. Thankfully this year has been quite cool so far, 20 degrees in December was my kind of thing)

Hope the weather gets better for everyone, and have a good day anyway!!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  8. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    22* F here in Central NY, but its not the cold that's been riving me up a wall! We've had snow pretty much every day this week! I've have to clean my car off every time I've gone out to drive! Ugh!

9. TXchickmum

TXchickmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    North Texas
    Well, wait a week in Texas and the weather will change. -upper 60s today with low 70s by Thursday. -doesn't much feel like December..... -cool front blowing in by the weekend to make things more seasonal (highs upper 40s/low50s). -raked more leaves today. The big red oak STILL has most of its leaves. [​IMG]

10. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    It was really cold last night, said 2* but, I bet the windchill made it below zero. It was bitter. I do worry about my birdies though, everyone seemed fine and content but I still feel bad. We have had one snow storm after another too. Looks like it will warm up by the weekend to 50*. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by