Ready to order first batch!!

Thanks for the help guys!
I am located in Orlando, FL and since i am ordering from Ideal i dont think it should be a problem with shipping since its also warm in Texas. Well i am confused now on what i should get mostly with the sex link chickens....why do you happen to say they are the same chicken arent they different in color and traits or just the same?
if they are the same and you recommend to get another layer, then what should i get for large brown, or white eggs.

Talking about layers i am actually going to get some Easter Eggers(ameraucanus) as some people have recommended me that. Also becuase i think they would be a great addition.(do the eggs taste differently or have different nutrition values?)

But this is my renewed list please do tell me if there are any faults in them...i am also getting them due to this is my first time raising chicks...i want to order by tomorrow!

1.Golden Comets(2-3 chicks at most)
2.Red starts(2 chicks at most)
3.ameraucanus (3 chicks at most)
4.White plymouth rocks(2 females)- i am actually getting these because i would like to do some breeding experiments with the cornish rocks, or maybe even a brahma in the future...(also want to know more of this breed
5.Cornish cross(2 chicks 1 male and 1 female)-i am buying them for breeding purposes becauase i want to breed them with a white plymouth, or brahma.
even though i know they might die fast, i will do my best to raise them so that they be their normal selves, but not too normal to die as fast(raising the food so they get up and eat, like i have read)

6. Pekin Ducks(1 male and 1 female)-i am buying these because i do want future ducklings for future eating hopefully this is a good idea.

one thing i am confused on is that i dont know if i should get one rooster of cornish cross, or one rooster of a white plymouth. i dont want both because i am afraid they might make to much noise for me to keep, but i want one for breeding which one would be good to try experimenting?
Sorry for all this but i apprecaite it, thanks much!!

Quote:
Wow, I hope I have better luck. I really wanted leghorns but they were not available from Ideal when I wanted them. I will probably get chicken addicted and get different kinds of day olds after a while. Probably not gonna have a hundred chickens or anything like that but who knows

Hi guys i just ordered my first batch somethings got me confused though. They told me that Golden Comets, and Red stars are the same thing Gold sex links. And they told me that red sex links dont have a name....its weired because someone told me that Golden comets are gold sex links, and Red stars, Red sex links.....would like to know the real deal...

but anyway i got...
1. Golden comets-3 females
2. Red sex link(??) 2 females
3.americanaus-3 females
4. white plymouth rocks-2 females
5.Cornish crosses-1 male 1 female

I was going to get some pekin duclings but i cant anymore they ran out...:mad:
but i guess its okay....
Well please tell me what you guys think...I also wanted that they vaccinate with marricks is that okay? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom