"real" eggs (LOL)

halfwaynowhere

Songster
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
La Puente, CA
So my sister has had to move back in due to financial troubles. Last night she was cooking dinner, and needed eggs. So she asks me if we have any. I say, sure, we have plenty. Then she asks if we have white eggs. And I tell her that the leghorn lays white eggs. and she goes, "No, I meant real eggs. Not chicken eggs."
She's blonde, I think that speaks for itself.

She claims to not like the taste of fresh eggs, we had chickens when we were kids, so its nothing new to her. She just likes store bought eggs better, I think its more psychological than anything else...

Just thought it was funny.

lau.gif

That's too funny.

yuckyuck.gif

The sad part is I am guilty of thinking the same way... I've never eaten a "real chicken egg" before. Duh me!!
gig.gif

I'm the same ding dong that asked if bantam eggs taste like real eggs too.
roll.png

I can understand it, as much as I think it's silly. Fresh eggs do taste different from store bought, so I can see a preference for one or the other being formed. The preference isn't always going to be what we'd think of as the obvious choice.

I'll tell you what you can do for her, though. Part of the store bought egg's flavor comes from them being old . . . so leave out some of your fresh eggs for several weeks, and then offer your sister those eggs as store bought eggs. I'll bet she won't be able to taste the difference
big_smile.png

You know, we always thought our Mom catered to our picky pallets, but she had us SO fooled!

For instance...

We would buy Pepsi in the 2 liters. When the bottle got under half way full we wouldn't drink it because we were convinced it was flat... us kids would open the next bottle and start drinking from that. What we never knew was Mom would just pour the old stuff into the new bottle and we'd drink it without knowing the difference.

Point being.. perhaps you could put the eggs in a store bought egg carton and cook them in front of your sister so she thinks you got them from the store.

I do this all the time now with my DH when I'm cooking healthy stuff - I'll swap the containers the healthy stuff is in so he thinks he's getting to "good stuff"!
big_smile.png

Oh my word! I love it. I was showing my BIL pictures of silkies and he asked if they lay eggs,
th.gif
gig.gif
, I said "now come on of course they eggs they're chickens they are not the only silkies in the world, they are a breed of chickens". I know I cannot be the only one on here asked that question before. ( "if they lay eggs", well roos don't )
D.gif

LOL, I guess I can understand, I prefer canned grean beans to fresh.

I also prefer Johnny Carinos Italian restraunt to any REAL Italian spaghetti I've ever had in Italy. Except Nochi, the real stuff was much better than the Italian version.

Also, Chinese food tasted much better in Europe than it did here.

I think I'm off on a tangent.

Back
Top Bottom