Reality finally smacked me in the face here at work......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BlueDevilGirl67, Dec 12, 2007.

1. BlueDevilGirl67

BlueDevilGirl67 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2007
    Central NC
    and I am looking another job and have an interview on Teusday in the Psycology/Neuroscience Dept w/ the University. I have been with the same MD for a little more than 5 yrs and he has for the most part been a great boss, but last week I took heat for something he should have taken care of before it reached the CEO and Chancellor's ofc. He also believed the Clinical trial coord that I have been taking excessive lunches ( I barely have time to take 30 mins) and I talk to much to my DH. It took everything I had not to blow my top. I have been with him for 5 yrs and have covered his rear end and pulled his fat out of the fire more times than one and have kept more than a few complaints from getting to our Chief. He hurt me more than anything beliving her lies about my lunch breaks.
    I think I am burned out also from trying to keep patients who think that they are entitled happy and just everything else that goes along with patient care.
    I use BYC during the day to keep me sane. I can only deal with sickness for so long.
    I just needed to vent. Keep good thoughts and prayers for me with this interview.

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Good thoughts good thoughts, and prayers for your interview on Tuesday. Sometimes God makes it incredibly apparent to us when it's time to leave a job, because if you're a conscientious worker, you can make yourself stay someplace that's bad for you much longer than you should. So it's good that you got the message so clear, that way you won't second guess yourself whether you made the right decision to leave. But doesn't it stink to feel like crying when you're at work?!

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Wishing the best of luck to you Bluedevil. You'll do fine! [​IMG]

5. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    Ditch Duke and come on over into the light - get a job at the N. C. State vet school!

Edited to add:

Uh - oh! Before I'm inundated, NO, I do not work at the vet school - so no animal questions! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  6. TransplantedTexan

TransplantedTexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Bear Creek, Wi
    I wish you well.
    This just goes to show that one should never be lulled into thinking that the boss/company cares more about them than they do the bottom line/their own butt.
    It's sad, but true. At least that's how I feel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by