Really a boy? Or did I get swindled!

What a pretty girl you have! Sorry it's not a roo like you wanted, but my oh my...pretty girl.
<3
In the pic where you can see all of her, it looks like her toes are swollen or something, is everything okay?

golly, my little prince/princess is blushing because of everyone's kind compliments
and now (s)he's all tuckered out and ready for her beauty sleep
91526_prince_5.jpg

Quote:
Yes, her toes were badly mangled when I purchased her at the farmer's market this afternoon. The seller was keeping them squished inside a big crate and i think the combo of over-crowding + rough transport to the market was respnsible.
I actually posted in the emergency section of her feet, then went out an bought a bottle of penicillin to give her in case they get seriously infected. However, the open wounds (it looked like small chunks had been gouged out of toes) have started scabbing over, so I'm gonna wait until tmrw to give her the penicillin and hope that she gets a little better through the night.

Oh My,she is so beautiful...................
Can you keep her and look for a roo or not??????????
or were you hoping for a pullet..........
Nice bed you made her.......
big_smile.png

I am not making a guess at breed, but she looks like my splash marans when they are little........................
I think she was very lucky to find you............
Toni

Quote:
Toni, she looks like your splash marans when they were little??? I'd love it if she miraculously turned out to be a maran!!!! they told me she's some kind of Columbia rock cross, but that was all
And I think ive grown too attached to let her go. She's such a calm little girl - none of my other pullets could be trusted to sleep on my desk like she is right now...though it may just be because she's sick and a little scared of her new surroundings.
The search for a roo continues!!!

Quote:
Yes, her toes were badly mangled when I purchased her at the farmer's market this afternoon. The seller was keeping them squished inside a big crate and i think the combo of over-crowding + rough transport to the market was respnsible.
I actually posted in the emergency section of her feet, then went out an bought a bottle of penicillin to give her in case they get seriously infected. However, the open wounds (it looked like small chunks had been gouged out of toes) have started scabbing over, so I'm gonna wait until tmrw to give her the penicillin and hope that she gets a little better through the night.

I read the mangled toe post in the emergencies section first, then I found this and then I found the chicken hide and seek.
tongue.png

She's beautiful and it sounds like she's full of personality.
Sounds like you've got a buddy! >_<
(My Rooster is -this- close to becoming a house chicken...Mother is not pleased.)

This has been a great story to follow and I hope you post more. I'm glad you've taken such a liking to her! Everyone needs a friend!

Quote:
Toni, she looks like your splash marans when they were little??? I'd love it if she miraculously turned out to be a maran!!!! they told me she's some kind of Columbia rock cross, but that was all
And I think ive grown too attached to let her go. She's such a calm little girl - none of my other pullets could be trusted to sleep on my desk like she is right now...though it may just be because she's sick and a little scared of her new surroundings.
The search for a roo continues!!!

There are Roo's on craigslist all the time. Have you ever checked there?

Back
Top Bottom