Really bad diarrhea

View attachment 3012156

This looks to me like a dropping from a chicken suffering from cancer.

I am sorry she is still declining despite all your efforts.
Cancer...? What about those green things? Aren't they worms?
Is that why she stopped laying so early?
Can we please get some more opinions?

This dropping had blood

Attachments

• 20220303_110853.jpg
    20220303_110853.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 8
Her droppings have this really horrible smell...

Attachments

• JPEG_20220303_181048_4524276142948078145.jpg
    JPEG_20220303_181048_4524276142948078145.jpg
    765 KB · Views: 2
Get it analyzed properly. Everything else is just a continuous guessing game. You already treated her with antibiotics, but she might be suffering from a kind of bacteria that did not respond to the one you used.

The green colour of these tiny poop particles is caused by bile and indicates that she is not eating enough (which you already know).

Check the poop pictures farther down:

https://the-chicken-chick.com/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive/

Get it analyzed properly. Everything else is just a continuous guessing game. You already treated her with antibiotics, but she might be suffering from a kind of bacteria that did not respond to the one you used.

The green colour of these tiny poop particles is caused by bile and indicates that she is not eating enough (which you already know).

Check the poop pictures farther down:

https://the-chicken-chick.com/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive/
Should I try another antibiotic? Her head is almost bopping up and down and she has little to no energy to walk on her own. Her comb color has gotten better actually (first is her recent picture) I hand fed her half scrambled egg and moro carrot soup along with antibiotics and little banana.

Her droppings match the one who had ovarian cancer.. but her abdomen is fine. We can't get any test done since it is extremely expensive.

Attachments

• 20220303_161324.jpg
    20220303_161324.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220302_160349.jpg
    20220302_160349.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 8
Should I try another antibiotic? Her head is almost bopping up and down and she has little to no energy to walk on her own. Her comb color has gotten better actually (first is her recent picture) I hand fed her half scrambled egg and moro carrot soup along with antibiotics and little banana.

Her droppings match the one who had ovarian cancer.. but her abdomen is fine. We can't get any test done since it is extremely expensive.
If you cannot get the antibiogram, then just proceed with what you are doing for a few days.
And in case she gets worse, I would put her out of her misery. Maybe a neighbour would be kind enough to do it for you.

I’d be worried you’re throwing the wrong things at her and potentially making her worse. At this point I’d probably end her suffering, or try Corid as a last ditch effort because of the blood and diarrhea. You’ve been treating for worms for about a day now right?

You could mail her for a necropsy I believe, I just sent my chicken a week or two ago. Then you’d have answers for going forward. I’ll see if I can find that information.

If she passes or you end her suffering before I find that information, keep her in the fridge.

If you cannot get the antibiogram, then just proceed with what you are doing for a few days.
And in case she gets worse, I would put her out of her misery. Maybe a neighbour would be kind enough to do it for you.
How many days do you recommend continuing with the treatment? Should I treat her bumblefoot because it is difficult for her to walk with such pain.
We will take her to the butcher shop and ask him to put her down like with did with my previous hens.

I’d be worried you’re throwing the wrong things at her and potentially making her worse. At this point I’d probably end her suffering, or try Corid as a last ditch effort because of the blood and diarrhea. You’ve been treating for worms for about a day now right?

You could mail her for a necropsy I believe, I just sent my chicken a week or two ago. Then you’d have answers for going forward. I’ll see if I can find that information.

If she passes or you end her suffering before I find that information, keep her in the fridge.
I'm not giving her any medication other than the antibiotics. I'll stop that and try to treat her for cocci then. Or maybe...it's just better to cull her? She is in pain right now. So much so that she can't even walk properly. Should I wait till tomorrow or put her down after a few hours?

Back
Top Bottom