Really LOUD noisy hen, as loud as a rooster! What to do??

I've been in the same boat. The same annoying, loud, obnoxious boat.

If you totally (you've got to be disciplined!) ignore them for the time period you want them to be quiet (dawn until ?PM), they will eventually hush up. It can take as long as two weeks, but it will happen.

Good luck!

I have a buff orpington hen that is very loud when she is unhappy. The first time I noticed it she was sooo loud I looked over there and there was a snake! But it is not just snakes. It is anything that upsets her. She is very noisy. I have a rooster that hasn't even crowed one time. Not once ever. Go figure.

I've been in the same boat. The same annoying, loud, obnoxious boat.

If you totally (you've got to be disciplined!) ignore them for the time period you want them to be quiet (dawn until ?PM), they will eventually hush up. It can take as long as two weeks, but it will happen.

Good luck!
Thank you Devora. Someone else had mentioned ignoring them as a good way to re-train them to be quiet. I think that's what we're going to try. I appreciate your suggestion, thanks!

Thank you for your post. Hopefully some of the suggestions from this thread will help. I'm sorry to hear in your case it didn't work out. :( This is my biggest fear also.

I hope they will too, I didn't think to post here when I had mine :) Good luck!

I have a buff orpington hen that is very loud when she is unhappy. The first time I noticed it she was sooo loud I looked over there and there was a snake! But it is not just snakes. It is anything that upsets her. She is very noisy. I have a rooster that hasn't even crowed one time. Not once ever. Go figure.

Good insights, and I'm sure ours gets upset simply because she wants our attention. We're going to try the ignore treatment & hope our neighbors will be understanding. Thank you for posting!

I have the same problem. My Barred Rock is noisy in the morning. Does the water spray method work? I can't stand all her ruckus. She was never like this, started maybe two weeks ago.

I have sexlinks. After and very unfortunate attack by a raccoon when my daughter accidentally left the latch open to the door, one of my chickens busted a screw loose in her head and bleats very loud every morning and the crack of dawn unless I let her out. It could really wake the dead. I would live any ideas that keep me from having to walk out there every so early, but I am afraid my neighbors might get mad. Is she psychologically done for or will she get over it , is been 2 weeks?

I have one that does this to !!! she is a road island red (her name is red) we have the same probable our neighborhood is the same way. so what we do is (we have a barn) we put her in the barn leave her in for 4-5 hours and then let her out and then she is quit as a crocodile
duc.gif

Hope this helps

Oh dear my girls used to do this... I ended up just feeding them every day at 6am and 3pm to keep the noise down, they grew out of it mostly when they turned 2. Hope the water spraying works :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom