Really need help, rooster or hen!

5cutechicks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 22, 2014
Lowell Michigan
i have recently re homed 2 confirmed Roos and have 1 more to go! Live in the city and no Roos are allowed! Posted this little pretty a while ago and the guess was hen but we all know how silkies can fool us! I just don't get the warm fuzzy feeling from this chick like do from my other hens. It's beak looks rooish if that's possible. It still hangs out with its mommy, I keep finding it in my nesting box alone but no eggs or in the nesting box with its broody mom? Kind of strange. It has a tiny vent compared to my other hens too? I don't know if that's a way to tell or not? Could really use some help so I can let the city know that I may have at least one more roo
to rehome, trying to be a good neighbor and comply with ordinances! ( even thought I don't want to get rid of any of my precious baby's!)

Thank you, that's what I was thinking too, I was hoping it was a hen, named it Sophia after my first post, everyone said they thought it was a hen! Oops! Darn those silkies! Thanks so much for your help, I'll start looking for a home for it just I just in case, I guess a new name is in order too!

That would make me so so happy! I thought it had such a large round girly poof on its head too, I'm so confused! I keep going back and forth! I was just visiting with them in the coop trying to compare the hackle feather of this one to my hens and they seem the same! I hate the waiting game. this is what it looked like in June, all of the guesses were hen! I thought it kind of looked like that thing they called "beaker" from the muppets! I just hate to have to rehome another one, I'm very attached to all of them!

Back
Top Bottom