really random....puppy pee pads

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sore Thumb Suburbanite, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Sore Thumb Suburbanite

Sore Thumb Suburbanite Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    orange county
    Allright I'll come out and say it, my dad is a dumpster diver. The worst part is I am too at times... I just feel weird when I'm diving through neighborhood trash in full view -its rare at least. Anyhoo, he brought me a huge case of new puppy pee pads which was really funny because he thought they were something else. Anyway, I was wanting some smarties out there to give me some alternative ideas on how to use them. I already plan on using them for accidents under my baby's sheets when we do potty training but that's a ways off. I don't have a dog and it seems a shame to just have them without a use. I have somewhere around 300.... a lot all bundled into a huge box. Ideas anyone...best answer wins some pee pads!

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Easy solution, get a puppy!!!!

3. AnotherSusan

AnotherSusan Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2012
    Use them as liners in the brooder box or under a chicken that has to be in isolation. Easy clean up!

Susan

4. shell3

shell3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2012
    Hertfordshire England
    if your taliking about potty training being a way off you must have a baby in nappies! i used those disposable mats for changing mats when out and about and baby needed changing. where ever you are you can lie them on one of these to do nappy changes.x

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  5. shell3

May 14, 2012
    Hertfordshire England
    Also i used those when i was decorating, stick one under the bucket of paint and protect floors when it all runs down the sides. course you can use paper but when you pick it up paint wont run off these cos it absorbes.:)

6. Sore Thumb Suburbanite

Sore Thumb Suburbanite Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    orange county

Awesome I am ordering chickens this spring....I'll do this under some newspaper...so easy.

I also like the paint cleanup....I am currently doing a small bathroom and I have the nice floors in and my canvas dropcloth isn't waterproof for spills. Good ideas!

7. Sweetly Silkies

Sweetly Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2012
    MO
    My Coop
    if you have houseplants you could protect the wood underneath or whatever with them? :)

8. SD Bird Lady

SD Bird Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

I know potty training is a ways off but with that many you may still have some laying around. I also put them in the car seat for short trips to town. Take is from me cleaning a peed in carseat is a pain in the you know what!

9. shell3

May 14, 2012
    Hertfordshire England
    i agree, car seats,buggys,anywhere they are going to sit when out(also saves embarrassments) and the sofa at home! cleaning wee of a big sofa cushion is hellish! you might wanna hang on to them, i went through loads potty traing my son! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by