Really Really Newbie

shell91

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 3, 2014
Hi all. I'm new to chickens, haven't even gotten any yet, but I'm planning on it in the nearish future. I have a 1/3 acre lot and I've been told by my Town govt that I can have chickens if I fence my yard and have a coop and pen for them, they'll come out, have a look, and tell me how many I can have then. So I'm in the process of getting a fence up as I get funds for it and learning all I can.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Have you stopped by our learning center here on BYC yet? Lots of good reads on getting started, building the coop, raising the babies and keeping your adult flock happy, healthy and safe from predators...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

So glad your laws allow you to keep some hens! Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Thanks :) I have been reading the articles in the learning center for several days now. I'm hearing 3 to 5 hens from city hall but no one is sure so I'm planning for at least 6 :)

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your building projects! Hope you are able to get everything set up for the city and get chickens.

Back
Top Bottom