Really really slow eggs?

pek

Songster
10 Years
Nov 26, 2009
Rhode Island
It's day 23, I did a float test and it seemed that the where all develop but none moving for all of my six eggs. Then I candled them; 1 was almost completely dark, 2 had small dark spots and a the last egg had a rather bigger dark spot. But the funny thing is that I candled them day 19 and only one had something in it. Now, day 23 I have chicks starting to develop. I think that I should keep the temp and the humidity high, keep turning all the eggs except for the one that is almost dark. What do you think? (plz reply!)

I'm sorry, this probably isn't rhe answer you want to hear, but I'd inmagine that if anything is actually growing in your eggs now it's most likely bacteria.
sad.png

By all means keep them in a few more days, but give them a good sniff too and be ready to deal with potential exploding horrors!

Well, im only on my first hatch (unless you wanna count the other one where NONE developed) and all my eggs are going into lock down today (after I candle) all look really dark, and really good, except one, its still doing good, and im pretty sure it will hatch, its just developing slow, maybe your are doing the same...

A few nights ago the really dark one peck at the egg shell, but nothing since, and I have really bad allergies, so I can't smell anything (except when my grandmother is cooking) but my mom smelled them and she said that they smelled fine.

Is it possible that the eggs were stalled in developing because the temp was low? it was around 95 for the first few days but my mom turned the heat up and it got up to temperature.

Quote:
What kind were they?? I have Silkies and Lav Orps but they are only day 21 and day 20 but I'm sooooooo impatient
Ayda

Back
Top Bottom