Really really slow eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pek, Nov 5, 2011.

1. pek

pek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2009
    Rhode Island
    It's day 23, I did a float test and it seemed that the where all develop but none moving for all of my six eggs. Then I candled them; 1 was almost completely dark, 2 had small dark spots and a the last egg had a rather bigger dark spot. But the funny thing is that I candled them day 19 and only one had something in it. Now, day 23 I have chicks starting to develop. I think that I should keep the temp and the humidity high, keep turning all the eggs except for the one that is almost dark. What do you think? (plz reply!)

2. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I'm sorry, this probably isn't rhe answer you want to hear, but I'd inmagine that if anything is actually growing in your eggs now it's most likely bacteria. [​IMG]

By all means keep them in a few more days, but give them a good sniff too and be ready to deal with potential exploding horrors!

3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Well, im only on my first hatch (unless you wanna count the other one where NONE developed) and all my eggs are going into lock down today (after I candle) all look really dark, and really good, except one, its still doing good, and im pretty sure it will hatch, its just developing slow, maybe your are doing the same...

4. babigyrl22

babigyrl22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Caledonia
    I had some some slow hatchers. Mine hatched on day 23 24 and 25. Do you hear any cheeping or see any eggs wiggling at all?

5. pek

Nov 26, 2009
    Rhode Island
    A few nights ago the really dark one peck at the egg shell, but nothing since, and I have really bad allergies, so I can't smell anything (except when my grandmother is cooking) but my mom smelled them and she said that they smelled fine.

6. pek

Nov 26, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Is it possible that the eggs were stalled in developing because the temp was low? it was around 95 for the first few days but my mom turned the heat up and it got up to temperature.

7. pek

Nov 26, 2009
    Rhode Island
    How long after an eggs is laid can it start to develop?

8. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Quote:What kind were they?? I have Silkies and Lav Orps but they are only day 21 and day 20 but I'm sooooooo impatient
    Ayda

9. tec27

tec27 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    if you really want to...keep incubating until you smell them. if you smell them..then you know they're bad.

10. kvmommy

kvmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by