Really strange rooster problem Pic pg 4 #31 of jug not roo!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WriterofWords, Nov 25, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Ok, don't laugh, I did after I got over the shock, but before you read any further, empty your mouth of all liquids and cover your keyboard, warn your family and coworkers.

I have a confused rooster, it's not nugget, it's one of the Turkens, Flat Top McNuggets.
    He stopped pestering the hens about a month ago, and he really was a pain about it too, wouldn't leave them alone and was violent. Now I know why he stopped, he has a new love interest. The chickens have toys, their favorites are empty plastic gallon jugs they knock around. I walked out to come to work this morning and there was Mr. McNuggets in the front yard mating with a plastic gallon jug. He hopped off, shook himself off and strutted away like he had just graced the Queen of the Flock with himself.

Why?????????

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  2. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I've noticed that within the past month and now that the girls don't want to........ They run and hide. My roo is very well behaved. They're just not interested, so he's been leaving them alone.

4. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Now that's funny!!!!

5. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Well.. that's one confused rooster. I guess if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with [​IMG]
    You could be really nice to him and fill the jug with warm water.. maybe glue some feathers to it. I'll stop there- i think you know what i'm headed for.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe he's nearsighted?

6. mrandmrschicken

mrandmrschicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    NW IA
    As long as he is happy! Whatever trips his trigger! I really can't think of a thing to say except; everyone, (I'm sure that includes roosters), needs a hobby! LMAO LMAO again.........[​IMG]

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG]

Sorry, I can't help you with an answer to this one!

[​IMG]

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I don't know whose reaction was funnier, my just standing there or my mom just calling me to tell me he was out there doing this again. I hadn't told her about it, so it's obviously not a case of mistaken identity this morning. Hmmmm I can get feathers from the art teacher and paint a pretty hen face on it?

9. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Nothing I can add.....

10. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Had a parakeet that liked his jingle toy. And I mean really liked his jingle toy. He'd ring that bell at least 20 times a day. I asked a vet about it and was told many creatures like to 'bop'.

Had a tom cat that had a thing for a fluffy bedspread. He'd been neutered but you wouldn't know it to watch him jump on that blankie.

Take a video and send it in to America's Funniest animals. Maybe you could win some chicken scratch....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by