Really upset! Re: Neighbor & hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.
just tell her no, that the idea of someone shooting Bambi in your yard makes you upset.And that the idea of someone shooting a gun near your home upsets you.
We had a 17 yr old boy shot in the leg the other day while he was running near his school for track. The 4 hunters are being fined,it was posted no hunting all over the place.

I know I don't own the deer, nature does. I have no control over their fate, only my own. I am just trying to rack up as much good karma in this lifetime as I can. Offering the deer sanctuary pleases and comforts me.

I might feel different if I knew that this lady needed the deer to feed her family, but she doesn't. She's one of the wealthiest people around here.

There are many, many reasons for her to not hunt on your land. It doesn't really matter what they are. It all comes down to it is your land. You can do with it as you wish.

I like the blame it on DH thing (if he's cool with it). That way it isn't confrontational and yet you let her know that there are problems.

I like watching the deer as well. I'm okay with people hunting if that is how they feed their family. Around here whitetail deer reproduce like rabbits and most of their natural predators are gone. It makes for a healthier herd to thin it out a little. I do have issues with the irresponsible hunters. I hear gunshots all around me during hunting season. I'm not sure what direction they are shooting. There are houses all around. I'm just waiting for they day I get hit in the tush with buckshot.
roll.png

I have strangers coming to my door weekly asking me if they can either cut through my land to get to the forest, OR if they can hunt on my land and at first I was feeling a bit intimidated and didnt know what to say. Then I got my back bone back and started telling them that If I see them on my land at all I will have them charged with trespassing and will follow through on any charges laid.

My children play on my land and dont need to see where they shot bambi and skinned him and gutted him. There is also the issue of them "dressing" bambi on your land and leaving the unwanted parts behind

Last edited:
I'm about as into hunting as it gets, and all I need is a "No thank you," and my shadow while hunting or the shadow of a bullet will never cross your land (I'll still be your friend though
smile.png
). It's your land. Your say. Nuff said.

We used to hunt our neighbors property. Some of his family started hunting it as well and had run in's with the other neighbor. That neighbor got all fired up and came over screaming at the first neighbor. After the dust settled and he left, I went over and told the first neighbor that we would be happy to pull our stands and not hunt because it wasn't worth the stress to him. Haven't hunted there since, but still remain friends with both.

I know folks like watching deer, and like having a deer sanctuary. My manager is one. That is perfectly fine.

If there is an issue, get no hunting signs and post them. You are perfectly, respectfully within your bounds!!

Thanks y'all for your input.
I wanted to point out that there is not a an overpopulation of deer in the parts at this time, that I know of. We have natural predators still.
There is not a large herd on this place. I think perhaps 4 does, 2 yearlings and the buck, but I've never seen the buck with the herd.

Deer hunters shot one of my dad's cows he kept at granddaddy's farm. That is a substantial financial loss, especially since she was with calf. I don't allow anyone to shoot on my land, not that I have problems with hunting in general, but stray bullets find their way into unacceptable places and I don't want to take the chance. Your land, your rules, Kat.

We're not a big farm and neither is my brother's place next door. Nonetheless we posted both places. Since folks can't trespass, there is no access to hunt is how I look at it. Like you, I enjoy our tiny herd. Sadly they do wander off the place, so they lose members each year. But while they are here, they are undisturbed. Which is not to say I don't enjoy venison. I do. But I enjoy the deer more. Besides, we have horses and I'd just naturally have to shoot whoever shot one of them, so we keep the place posted to keep me out of jail.

Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom