Really?

Toads aren't toxic to chickens like they are other animals? Someone's dog just died here recently from eating a toad and my kitten was foaming and vomiting for hours the last time she got one.

My mom says that they are being cannibals when they eat toads.

A vegetarian at work keeps calling me a cannibal for eating meat. I'm getting her a pocket dictionary for christmas.
roll.png

Quote:
As in inside the house???
ep.gif

Why not? I'll bet his toads sleep right next to his possums.
lau.gif
Dang, I really am trying to behave myself.
tongue.png

My mom says that they are being cannibals when they eat toads.

Yet another person who would benefit from either a pocket dictionary or this URL: www.webster.com
roll.png

As for what the chickens eat, I'd rather my chicks eat the bugs in my yard. I don't use pesticides or unnatural fertilizers. The stuff that's fed battery chickens is a whole other story.​

I love my chickens, but they better leave my frogs alone. I love them, too! One lives by my back door and stays in a flower pot there. Anytime I find them out someplace, I bring them home and turn them loose. Guess the chickens have to stay in their coop!

Here in Tucson we have Colorado Desert Toads. They secrete a hallucinogen from their skin, similar to LSD. I have to keep my dogs away from them as they can easily kill a dog. Do I have to worry about the chickens now also? If the toads are toxic to the chickens, will the chickens stay away? Or eat them and die? Or will they become addicted like one of my dogs (after a rain she will search the entire yard for toads)?

Back
Top Bottom